Yes or No, Do I have to give SSN to Dishnetwork?

Jimiam

Original poster
Jul 17, 2005
I had Dishnetwork service about a year ago and had a small balance left on account when I had service canceled. I was wondering if there is a way to start service up again as new customer. Not just trying to avoid paying( the amount owed is less than 80 bucks) but also trying to avoid blocking of channels which I feel I have right to purchase and view in my particular location. Will they accept new customer without ID such as SSN or driver license number?

Jimiam

All it's going to do is promote identity theft...

They know the address where the dish is, as soon as the bill is a day late, rent a bounty hunter to get the money or something. Scare the crap out of people and they'll pay their bills...

Doh! So there's no way around the SS# requirement?

I have never had an account with Dish Network, debts, channel blocks etc., but this is a deal-breaker for me. With the recent explosion of identity theft, there's just no way I'm trusting Dish Network with my SS#.

...Dish can't even get their web site working without the "w-w-w" prefix... and I'm supposed to trust them with the security of my sensitive personal info? :eek: ;)

i just got back with dish after 7 mo's, although i didn't leave with a balance due i didn't
want to pay the 25.00 and i wanted new equipment, so i ordered over the web site
gave my middle name and my cell phone # instead of my first name and my home
#, 4 days later i was installed no i.d. shown and signed my middle name.

Another often-used trick is to use the wife's name and SSN if necessary. Your SSN may be in the system, but hers isn't (unless, of course, she was also a previous customer). :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts