Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
(Note from Scott... I thought YouTube was already gone but DIRECTV just sent this notice out to retailers)

Due to changes in third party software, the YouTube application will no longer be available in the DIRECTV Menu.

This change will occur in multiple phases, beginning with onscreen messaging to customers on Monday, April 20. At that time, customers will still be able to search and view YouTube content, but before their selected video plays, they will see the following message:

YouTube is upgrading to a newer version, which is not supported by this device or app. To learn more and see how you can watch YouTube, visit youtube.com/devicesupport.

Following a reasonable notification period, DIRECTV will remove the YouTube icon from the Menu (MENU > Extras), and Smart Search results will no longer include YouTube content. This change will apply to all DIRECTV receivers and clients, as well as Sony and LG DIRECTV Ready TVs that are installed as RVU clients.

Samsung DIRECTV Ready TVs installed as RVU clients are NOT impacted, as YouTube is accessed through a native Samsung app on the television.

Been gone here since they announced it will be gone and not missed here imo

In other words, no more YouTube via your DirecTV receivers/DVRs.

I know they made it official. If you want to watch YouTube via via your TV, you need to get either the newest Roku, AppleTV, Chromecast, other over the top streaming box, answer smart TV built after 2013, a PlayStation 3 or 4 video game console, a XBox 360 or XBox One console, a Nintendo Wii or Wii U console, a Android poer device that can be hooked up to the TV, a newer Apple iOS device (iPod Touch, iPhone or iPad) with a way to hook up to a TV, newer Blu-Ray players that can connect to the Internet, other newer smart phones and tablets with a way to hook up to a TV, or computers with a HDMI hook up.

I'm sure the YouTube app will return to a DirecTV receivers when the next generation of the DirecTV Receivers/DVRs are created as in the first gen DVRs in a post AT&T buyout era DirecTV.

Sent from my RCT6773W22B using Tapatalk

In other words, no more YouTube via your DirecTV receivers/DVRs.

I know they made it official. If you want to watch YouTube via via your TV, you need to get either the newest Roku, AppleTV, Chromecast, other over the top streaming box, answer smart TV built after 2013, a PlayStation 3 or 4 video game console, a XBox 360 or XBox One console, a Nintendo Wii or Wii U console, a Android poer device that can be hooked up to the TV, a newer Apple iOS device (iPod Touch, iPhone or iPad) with a way to hook up to a TV, newer Blu-Ray players that can connect to the Internet, other newer smart phones and tablets with a way to hook up to a TV, or computers with a HDMI hook up. ...

Sent from my RCT6773W22B using Tapatalk

Or YT apps installed on certain DVRs like TIVO which I use.

A Roamio OTA type ....

Sent from my SGH-M819N using Tapatalk

I had not noticed.

I now have streaming devices from which I watch on television YouTube.

I've been with DirecTV for 18 years. I don't care what content it has on set-top boxes. I would like the set-top boxes to respond quickly when I change channels.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)