Z Nation

Finally finishing the episode tonight. It's not bad. Not great, but not bad either. It's enough to keep my interest. I see the one guy is "Shades" from the movie "That Thing You Do." The main soldier guy was in the remake of "Romeo and Juliet" as well.

I didn't watch last night's episode yet but I need a show like that to tie me over until The Walking Dead starts again. I'm not sure what thread this should be posted in but I found a pretty awesome Amazon Original last night called The After. It was only the Pilot episode but I thought it was pretty good. The quality was excellent.

The second episode found me losing my attention. Not having any empathy with any of the characters.

Did they say why the zombies are slow walking now?
NO they didn't. That was a real change from the first episode. I guess they couldn't sustain the momentum of the story if the zombies could run as fast as the humans. That doesn't speak well about continuity of the storyline. OF course these are the same people who did Sharknado ,so they really care about all of that , I'm sure.

Reactions: norman881
They was a line in the first episode where the girl with the bat said something about how the zombie was fast and that he must have just turned. I assume that the freshly turned zombies are the fastest and the older they get the slower. My other thought is that they are more distracted by sounds and that's why they didn't run after them. I still think it's worth watching for now.

Did anyone watch The After yet?

Just watched the second episode last night. Looks like the burned through most of their budget on the first episode alone. Huge difference in quality between the pilot and the second episdoe.

They was a line in the first episode where the girl with the bat said something about how the zombie was fast and that he must have just turned. I assume that the freshly turned zombies are the fastest and the older they get the slower. My other thought is that they are more distracted by sounds and that's why they didn't run after them. I still think it's worth watching for now.

Did anyone watch The After yet?
Yes, liked The After. Looking forward to the series...coming on Amazon, BTW for those wondering.

Yes, liked The After. Looking forward to the series...coming on Amazon, BTW for those wondering.

Should we start a thread for The After on here? I think it's going to deserve one because I'm betting most here will like it, at least the pilot episode.

Should we start a thread for The After on here? I think it's going to deserve one because I'm betting most here will like it, at least the pilot episode.
Where would we put it? Not Prime Time, by definition.
Scott, how about a Netflix/Amazon Streaming thread, separate from Prime Time, either above or below it?

Where would we put it? Not Prime Time, by definition.
Scott, how about a Netflix/Amazon Streaming thread, separate from Prime Time, either above or below it?

I was thinking that myself. With Netflix and Amazon putting out their own series now we may need a thread for them.

iTunes has the pilot of Z Nation and lots of other shows available for free. I almost bought the iTunes season pass on the spot because I've always liked zombies in everything from movies, to video games, to books. I'm glad I chose to just watch the free pilot instead of pulling the trigger on the season pass.

The show just didn't do it for me. I guess I prefer the more serious tone of The Walking Dead to silly zombie babies. Plus they killed off the only actor I actually liked in the first episode. This show is made by The Asylum, the people responsible for all the cheap knockoffs of popular movies that try to trick people into picking them up by mistake at the store. From what I saw in the pilot it looks like they are just bringing their brand of cheap knockoffs to TV.

I hope it got better after the first episode. From most people's reaction here it seems like it might have. If the season gets glowing reviews I'll check it out when it comes to Netflix or Amazon Prime but it's not worth the $25 Apple wants for a season pass.

Yea I been waiting on The After since Feb.
Still enjoying Z Nation, for syfy Friday it's ahh right.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Just watched the last episode, very funny in lots of places.

I'm really enjoying this show, as much for how hokey it gets at times as for the overall look and feel of it.

Sent from my 23-n010 using Tapatalk

It's just crazy enough to keep me interested.lol

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I watched last weeks episode during my lunch break today. For the quality of the show it's actually enjoyable. Some of the minor characters are pretty bad at acting but it doesn't take away too much. It's fast paced enough to keep me interested.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)