The Solid Signal Blog

Get the latest on the world of Technology from our friends at SolidSignal.COM
DIRECTV is the best live TV option for business such as bars, restaurants, and hotels. There really isn’t a viable commercial streaming or cable TV option for commercial installations, while DIRECTV offers the best news, sports, and entertainment programming. It’s a much better value, and DIRECTV is more reliable, too. If you’re a business owner who has DIRECTV at home, you might be wondering which receiver is best to use at your business. Signal Connect, your commercial DIRECTV dealer, answers this question. What’s the Best DIRECTV Commercial Receiver? It’s natural for someone to ask this question, especially when they’re making a substantial investment in electronic equipment. When it comes to commercial DIRECTV receivers...
Reimagining the future of satellites all started with three guys, a few Macintosh computers, and sketches in a notebook. ViaSat-3 rendering For a long time, Viasat was more known for its defense products than anything else. That all changed when Viasat delivered the highest capacity broadband satellite of its time – ViaSat-1. Soon after came ViaSat-2 with even higher capacity. Now each satellite in the ViaSat-3 constellation is anticipated to deliver at least 1 Terabit of data throughput per second (1Tbps) to its wide range of global customers –on the ground, in the air and at sea.https://www.youtube.com/embed/lFRxFu2xTzI?enablejsapi=1 Seasoned satellite telecommunication professionals Mark Dankberg, Steve Hart and Mark Miller...
Hey, have you been watching Love and Death on HBO Max? Does it sound like a familiar story? It should, because you probably watched Candy on Hulu last year. It’s the same story. I mean, the SAME story. Not like, the plots are similar, more like these are both an adaptation of the exact same true events. What about White House Plumbers? It’s streaming on HBO Max too. Does it seem a bit familiar as well? Maybe that’s because you watched Gaslit last year on STARZ. Both series look at the Watergate breakins from two different points of view, but a lot of the content is the same. Sometimes it seems like the entertainment industry is a snake eating its own tail, incapable of producing really unique programming. That’s a pretty harsh thing...
There’s a good chance that if you have DIRECTV, somewhere in your house is something like the picture above. It may be grey or black, it may have a sticker on it telling you never to unplug it. Either way, it’s the same. It supplies power to your satellite dish and (if you have one) your external multiswitch. And really, when they say “never unplug it,” they mean it. If you unplug it you lose satellite service. Period. Service comes back in a minute or two after you plug it back in, but for those few minutes, you’ll be in the doghouse. What if you don’t think you have one of these? If you are panicking right now because you have never seen one of these before, don’t worry. As long as your satellite TV works, that’s all that’s...
DIRECTV’s Gemini is the biggest thing to happen to the satellite provider in half a decade! It takes the 4K Genie client idea and turbocharges it. You get a box that’s both smaller and faster than the previous generation client, plus a new remote that’s even easier to use than the Genie remote. And then, there are the apps. Run pretty much any app from the Google Play store without changing inputs on your TV. Switch back and forth as easily and as quickly as you switch satellite TV channels. There’s an awful lot to like here, and I know you’re as excited as I am. I’ve put all of our Gemini articles together in one place, so you can quickly and easily learn about this device. I’ll keep it updated as I continue to add new articles...
Let’s face it. People love having satellite TV on their boats. Why wouldn’t they? It’s less expensive and more reliable than satellite internet. You can get US satellite TV 50-100 miles off shore, where cell service and over-the-air antennas don’t work. And, of course, it’s a way to get hundreds of channels of entertainment. It’s perfect for evenings spent in the cabin or rainy days spent indoors. If you spend a lot of time on your boat, you want satellite TV. But what about traveling internationally? This one goes out to those people who get on their boats for months at a time. Or, maybe, for the people who run those boats for the people who can afford to be on them. For this crowd, it’s very possible that you might venture far...
If you’re about my age, you remember when there were nothing but local channels out there. You put up an antenna or paid some mom-and-pop cable company, and you got five or six of them. Back in those days, you could put an antenna on the top of your RV and get those local channels, even when you were driving. Times have changed. You know it and I know it. Not only are there hundreds of national TV channels, but there’s the whole internet. It’s sometimes easier to find out what’s going on locally by looking at social media than it is to get the local news. And of course, since 2009 it’s been impossible to get over-the-air television if you’re going more than 15mph. That may change soon, but these are the facts today. The benefits of...
If you’re like me, you’re sitting back just waiting for the next season of Star Trek: Strange New Worlds. The first season blew by faster than a warp 9 trip to Jupiter, because of all the necessary backstory and introduction. Things finally began to gel and then… boom they’re on a two-month hiatus. I guess they really can disappear and reappear somewhere else, while the rest of us have to wait two months for a resolution. Even an old-school starship can get from one end of explored space to the other in that time. To help you count the hours until you find out what happens to the crew of the sweariest, nakediest, discoiest ship ever to be part of the Trek universe, here’s a little video that shows just what warp speeds mean, at least...
It’s almost a cliche at this point to say that we’re seeing a long rash of unexpected weather. It’s not just this year, either. If you really go back and look at news stories, you’ll realize that these “once in a lifetime weather events” have been coming with increasing regularity for about fifteen years. Sadly, there’s a predictable pattern. A storm is forecast. Some people listen to the warnings. Some evacuate. And then, there are those who stay behind to protect their homes. When the clouds part, those folks are without power. More importantly… Perhaps more noteworthy in today’s smartphone-obsessed world, they may be without internet or cell service. Most cell towers have battery backups that can keep them up for several hours in...
So, we’re all waiting to see what “Max,” the replacement for HBO Max, will look like. Count me as one of those who’s pretty worried. HBO’s streaming service, no matter what it’s called, has suffered blow after blow at the hands of its new corporate parent. The new app promises to deliver more reality-based content and, by eliminating the HBO name, seems to distance itself from quality TV. It wasn’t always like that HBO’s first venture into streaming only was called “HBO NOW.” It was essentially a clone of the company’s HBO GO service, which was aimed exclusively at cable and satellite subscribers. HBO NOW launched in the spring of 2015. Not that people were really surprised, since there had been rumors about it for some time. In fact...
Rain fade. If you listen to cable company commercials, you would think this is a massive problem. They’ll tell you that every time the skies turn grey, the satellite reception will stop. They’ll make you feel like a sap for even considering satellite TV. The problem is, they’re just flat out lying. Rain fade happens when the weather is so bad that the satellite signals can’t penetrate the clouds. It’s not a problem with ground-based broadcasting which uses lower frequencies that can bounce off clouds easily. However, with satellite’s high frequencies, rain fade can be a problem. I’ll completely admit it. But there’s a big jump between “can be a problem” and “is always a problem.” I did an informal survey to try to find out how much...
March 22-28, 1986 This week Ken welcomes legendary songwriter (she’s in the Songwriter’s Hall of Fame), author (her memoir I Am the Warrior: My Crazy Life Writing the Hits and Rocking the MTV Eighties, is a MUST read/listen), and all around incredibly cool human being Holly Knight to the show. Ken and Holly discuss her book, growing up a big TV watcher, streaming services, the reliability of TV, having things to look forward to, Dark Shadows, The Adams Family, a love of horror, Chiller Theater, Elvira, how great Cassandra Peterson is, The Munsters, Vic Mizzy, weird instruments, Green Acres, Tina Turner, Heart, Pat Benetar, Patty Smythe the Warrior, moving to LA in the early 80s from New York, forever being a New Yorker, running...
Reset your cell phone signal booster? What has the world come to? Don’t you have enough to do? OK, before I answer this simple question, I need to explain why it’s even a possibility. What a cell phone signal booster is, and what it does A cell phone signal booster takes weak signal from outside, amplifies it massively, and pumps it throughout a building. It also does the reverse: it takes the signal from your phone, amplifies it, and pushes it through a large antenna on your roof. It does this so fast and so well that the only thing you notice is better service, clearer calls, and faster browsing. The really amazing thing is how a cellular booster can do all these things. The answer is pretty simple really: It’s a purpose-built...
What’s the worst part of getting a new electronic toy? It’s activating it. You know it and I know it. Unwrap that sleek box that your phone came in, call the number, and prepare to wait on hold for an hour. Turn on a new satellite or internet service and a technician takes up your whole day. Even just signing up for a streaming service can take it out of you, as you set it up on multiple devices. Why does it have to be this way? It DOESN’T have to be this way What if you could call one number for practically all your activation needs? What if one caring, kind person in a US-based office was willing to sit on the phone with you and get it all done? That would be some kind of miracle, right? Nope, it’s reality. This service is...
Satellite dishes are incredibly reliable. When you think about how inexpensive they really are, it’s pretty amazing how long they last. I’ve known people to get 15 years out of a satellite LNB at this point. Consider how many cars you’ve had in 15 years, or how many TVs. And yet this sensitive antenna system that sits outside all day and all year is still soldiering on. Pretty cool, right? But eventually there’s going to come “a time.” You might have put the dish up by yourself, and you’d like to replace the LNB by yourself. Yet, you’re worried that you’ll have to spend hours re-aiming. Should you be worried? Most likely, no. If you are replacing the LNB on an oval dish like DIRECTV’s Slimline or DISH’s Western Arc/Eastern Arc...
Let’s be honest, no one wants to really talk about RV toilets. The bathroom is sort of a dirty little reality that everyone pretends isn’t there… until they need it. If RV owners don’t discuss the bathroom, they won’t know how to properly clean their RV toilet. Your RV toilet should be cleaned at least once a week or more, especially if your entire family is traveling. Since RV toilets aren’t as sturdy or durable as the toilets in your home, you can damage it if you don’t know what you’re doing. At the cost of most RV accessories, it’s best to avoid that as much as possible. When it’s time to clean your RV toilet, you want to disinfect without causing damage. Some RV experts say you should NOT using bleach or residential toilet...
Want to find out about a better option? Call us at 888-233-7563! Listen to the podcast your way! Just choose one of the following: Option 1: Click on the image above to stream the podcast in your browser. If you use the YouTube player above, be sure to subscribe to get future videos delivered to you! Option 2: The Solid Signal Podcast is available on several podcast aggregators. Search for us, or tap on the links below on your mobile device. If you want us to add another aggregator leave a comment below. Amazon iTunes Google Podcasts Overcast TuneIn Spreaker Stitcher Player.fm Spotify Option 3: Download the podcast in MP3 format. Option 4: Paste the following link into your favorite podcast app...
Thanks to Signal Pro Mike Moore for inspiration for this article! This is something you hopefully won’t ever have to know. But if you’re the sort of person who just likes knowledge for its own sake, here’s the answer. If the top of your phone shows “SOS” instead of LTE or 5G, it means that you can only use the phone for emergency calls. Pretty much the only number you can dial is 911. Why does this happen? There are several reasons. None of them are as scary as you might think. For Example: You might be outside of your service area. If you are in an area where your cell carrier has no towers but another carrier does, you might get this message. You might have traveled outside the country or just to a place where your carrier...
DIRECTV’s Gemini is the latest new hardware and it’s taking the satellite world by storm. There’s no better way to combine the world of satellite TV with the world of streaming apps. With one remote, you get access to both, plus voice search powered by Google. Let’s be honest – that’s a “must-have” today. But what if you don’t want voice search? How secure is DIRECTV’s voice search? I’d say, it’s about as secure as anything is going to be today. You can opt out of it completely by pressing the HOME button on the remote, going to Settings, and going to Google Settings. It’s powered by Google, which has committed to security when it comes to voice search. Your searches are anonymized, in other words Google’s servers don’t store anything...
If one antenna is good, aren’t two better? That’s the idea behind stacking antennas. Put one antenna next to or on top of another and you’ll get better reception. It’s actually the basis behind antennas like our Xtreme Signal HDB8X, which is really just four smaller antennas put together in a way that makes sense. Stacking works, but you need to be aware of some simple guidelines. You don’t get double the gain. It would be great if you could take two antennas with a gain of 3dB and combine them into one antenna with a gain of 6dB. In a perfect world, you could. But there are a lot of factors that go into stacking antennas that introduce some loss of signal. There are additional cables, combiners, and some small degree of interference...
See that black screen? That’s all you’ll get if you connect the cable from your satellite dish straight into your TV. Unlike cable TV (properly called “terrestrial cable”) your average TV just can’t decode what it’s seeing, and the result is, it doesn’t work at all. Today’s televisions have a mandate to be “cable-ready.” This means that in addition to an ATSC tuner to get regular antenna TV, the TV must also have a QAM tuner to receive cable channels. QAM is the technology used by cable companies because it’s more effective at putting multiple channels in the relatively limited space available on a single coaxial cable. It can be “clear” meaning free of any scrambling, or “encrypted” meaning you would need a box from your cable company...
I know what you’re thinking — why is a blog dedicated to selling antennas telling me not to buy one of their most expensive devices? It’s simple. The Televes Smartkom is a great device. It does let you connect multiple antennas and gives you one output. So in that sense you could call it a “combiner.” But it’s a lot more accurate to call it a “smart amplifier.” Honestly we keep the word “combiner” in the description in order to help people find it. People do tend to search for that word when they’re looking to use multiple antennas. Getting in a little deeper What you see above is a combiner. I know it says “splitter.” That’s because splitters and combiners are, at heart, the same thing. A typical splitter can be used to combine...
I’m going to give you two potential situations. First one: your satellite dish is outside and obviously your TV is inside. Second one: You want a cell booster in your RV but you aren’t comfortable drilling holes. In a permanent installation you would drill through the wall and use approved connection points to try to make everything look good and clean. What about an RV or apartment installation? It’s really something to think about. Apartment dwellers don’t want to be fined for making unauthorized holes, and RVers might not want to pay an installer. Money is a big part of every decision. Enter the weBoost Window Entry Cable That’s where our weBoost Window Entry Cable comes in. It will pass through windows and allow the window to...
Here’s a story that happened a while back, but I was recently reminded of it. This guy complains that he’s not getting very good reception with his large antenna. He explains that it’s one of the large flat ones like our HDB8X. I thought maybe he had distant VHF stations, since the HDB8X and other antennas like it don’t have really great VHF performance. Pretty much any antenna will get some VHF reception unless that reception is intentionally blocked. In the case of our HDB8X, it does surprisingly well on VHF-High considering its initial design spec was for a UHF antenna. That’s one of the reasons it’s been a top seller for over a decade. Here’s the real problem It didn’t take long to realize that the real problem was aiming. There...
In the last year or so, we’ve all been amazed by the rapid progress of generative AI. Just last year, generative AI could only manage somewhat impressionistic and messy images and repetitive text. Today, it’s possible to have a conversation with an AI that’s so realistic you could go an hour without realizing it’s not a person. AI has also created images that easily pass for reality, so much so that it’s becoming a problem. Can generative AI fix the streaming problem? The big problem with streaming is that there’s too much choice, and most of it isn’t appealing. AI is already being used on major streaming apps to help serve a selection of programs you might like. I don’t know about you, but that AI never gets it right for me. I think...
Why are outdoor antennas made of aluminum? Why does it matter that antennas like Winegard’s Flatwave have elements made of silver between two pieces of plastic? Is there really that much of a difference? You may be asking yourself these same questions, so let’s talk about good materials for antennas. The purpose of an antenna is to conduct electricity, because radio waves are a form of electricity. So, one thing that we know an antenna must have is conductivity. Conductivity is a measure of how well any material conducts electricity. Materials that do a really bad job of conducting electricity, like rubber, are called insulators. Insulators are needed because otherwise we couldn’t touch anything electric. (It turns out that our skin...
Back in April 2018, I took some time to highlight the lesser side of Lucille Ball. Lucy was one of the most famous people in the world 75 years ago, so famous that people whose parents weren’t born at the height of her fame still know who she is. Her role in shaping the entertainment landscape is a little better known now than it was at the time, owing to a couple of biopics created about her since then. Still, I continue to be amazed by this woman’s ongoing influence. Of course, her comedy is timeless. Young kids still enjoy it, because it’s silly and it really doesn’t get old. Of course, it doesn’t hurt that she was an absolute master of the craft. It was incredibly rare for a woman to be a physical comedian in those days. Come to...
This isn’t quite a “Don’t Do This” article but it’s close. I recently had someone ask me if it was possible to clean the oxidation off an antenna with cola. I actually tested it, although I already knew the answer. .t isn’t, although I only let it sit for about a day. So there’s that. The real question: why would you think it would work? It’s actually not far-fetched though. You can use a cola drink to clean corrosion off a car battery terminal, I’ve done it myself. The key to it is the phosphoric acid that is in cola. It balances out the alkaline corrosion on battery terminals fairly well. It will also put the shine back on a green penny, for the same reason. However, that’s copper oxide, and the black stuff on your antenna is...
I don’t blame you if you want all new hardware. Then again I don’t blame DIRECTV for refurbishing receivers and sending them out again. The average receiver can be used in an average scenario for 10-15 years but a lot of receivers are returned after only two, either because a contract has come up or because the customer upgrades it. If DIRECTV didn’t have a refurbishing program, costs for receivers would be sky-high, and remember that most DIRECTV hardware goes out to customers at low or no cost. Unfortunately, paying full price to get a DIRECTV box doesn’t guarantee it won’t be a refurb. In some cases, there is nothing out there but refurbished hardware, and in some cases there is just so much refurbished hardware out there that it’s...
Folks, we’re in one of those periods where there’s no new Star Trek to watch. We’ve been spoiled for quite a while in this regard, with so many shows going on at the same time. But, with Picard having taken its final bow, I find myself once again with no reason to keep Paramount+, and wanting a fix of something new from the 24th century to watch YouTube is happy to comply YouTubers “TrekYards” are more than happy to help you get your fix. They came up with this video showing a comparison between the original sets of the NCC-1701-D with the recreation used in the last episodes of Picard. How they did it Of course it’s no surprise that Paramount would have the original production blueprints and there is obviously going to be a lot of...
There are some folks who think antennas are ugly. I’m not one of them, but then I’m a little different from your average TV watcher, right? So if you’re one of the people who look at a TV antenna and think “yuck,” if that’s the reason you haven’t cut the cord yet, you might be thinking of putting the antenna behind the TV in order to eliminate the look of too many wires and too many pieces. I totally understand. Everyone likes a clean installation. The problem is, it might not work. Your television has metal shielding that is designed to keep its electronic emissions from affecting other things in your home, and that same stuff will effectively block antenna signals. Most flat TVs also have a mirror behind the panel itself to make the...
I was talking to one of the folks at Solid Signal, and they said they wanted to upgrade a customer to the new DIRECTV Gemini. It’s the little box that gives you satellite TV and all your favorite streaming apps, all together in one easy package. What happens, they said, if the customer gets a Gemini and they don’t like it? Can they switch back to a Genie Mini Client instead? Well… The first thing that I should mention is that it’s not easy to take a receiver or client off your account once it’s activated, unless you’re replacing it with a different one. Luckily we have experts in our Signal Connect division who specialize in this sort of thing. They’ll be able to help you if you really want to go back to the regular Genie Mini box...
Is your DIRECTV remote not responding? It happens to everyone. Maybe it got dropped one too many times, or maybe you’re trying to use an old remote with a new box. Either way, you may need to reset it. No matter which remote you have, as long as it has a DIRECTV logo on it there’s a very easy way to reset it. First things first: replace the batteries Dead or weak batteries are almost always the problem with remotes. Even if the remote is working some of the time, change the batteries before doing anything else. Weak batteries can cause poor signals that cause problems. Put in a fresh pair of batteries. Trust me, you’ll be glad you did. How to reset the old-school white remote Does your remote look like the one above? This remote...
Hard to believe, but DIRECTV’s wireless Genie client has been with us for ten years. Back then, it was considered to be one of the marvels of the tech world. There were a lot of people at that time who were saying that you couldn’t do a wireless client. AT&T had tried and failed by this point. But, with this silent box you can put DIRECTV almost anywhere in your home, including out on the patio. Other companies have followed up in the years since, but there’s no denying DIRECTV’s early success. But what if you think yours is a slow piece of (well you know)? There is a small but vocal group who don’t like the wireless clients and they’re willing to tear their hair out. For them, it’s the slowest box they’ve ever used. And yet this is...
Has a DIRECTV installer ever told you that your building is “too high to have DIRECTV?” If so, there are other satellite TV installers who deliver DIRECTV to apartments and high rises. Getting DIRECTV in buildings more than two stories tall can be a problem. DIRECTV’s installers won’t do it because most landlords won’t let them. Our affiliate company, Signal Connect, has the solution. Signal Connect is a DIRECTV Authorized Dealer that delivers satellite TV solutions for a variety of situations. Apartments or high-rises is one of these. This is just one of the many ways our affiliate company makes DIRECTV available to everyone who wants this premier satellite TV service. “Your Building is Too Tall for DIRECTV” Have you ever heard...
Well that’s embarrassing. A random search of the internet turned up this picture which looks like an early version of our Xtreme Signal HDB91X that took a turn for the worse at some point. Yeah, I’d probably be replacing that. I mean, chances are it still gets some reception, but those broken directors on the front mean that an antenna like that is seriously compromised. A 75-year history of antennas The first TV antennas went up just before the Second World War after television broadcasts started in New York City. Work on television was suspended during the war and didn’t start up again until 1946. It wasn’t until the early 1950s that television hit its tipping point, where every household either had a TV or desperately wanted one...
/ December 26 1992 – January 1, 1993 This week Ken welcomes creator of Lenora’s Midnight Rental and his new best friend forever Laura Wimbels to the show. Ken and Laura discuss how Laura is a Ken Reid fan, Ken’s story on the podcast Risk!, Fred Willard Super Dad, loving horror, the wonderful terrible movie Rollerblade, opening sealed VHS tapes, Splatter The Architects of Fear, The Exchange, how contrary to his Mother’s insistence Ken’s favorite movie as a kid was NOT Mother’s Day, Revenge of the Nerds, telling on yourself for seeing an R Rated movie, divorces, what the f**k a frush is, Cleveland and douche bags, 1992-1993, the formative time of being 10, growing up without cable, organized hoarders exposing you to TV Guides...
Learn more about the ViaSat-3, a satellite constellation expected to create a seamless, global network, providing continuous coverage for nearly all of the populated world. 1. Each ViaSat-3 satellite has a wingspan of 144 feet, about as long as 10 mid-sized cars parked end to end. ________________________________________________________________________________ 2. ViaSat-3 Americas’ location in geostationary orbit (GEO) has it located about 22,236 miles above the equator. If you were able to see ViaSat-3 from Earth, it would look as if it wasn’t even moving. That’s because ViaSat-3 will be moving at the same period of rotation as Earth. ________________________________________________________________________________ 3. Each...
What you see above you is a time domain reflectometer. It’s available now from Solid Signal and it’s one of the more expensive things we offer online. It’s not the sort of thing you would normally buy just for fun. This specific TDR will set you back over $2k so you won’t find one in the average DIYer’s toolkit. In fact, you won’t find one in the average commercial installer’s tool kit. But, if you’re refitting old buildings, it will pay for itself over and over again. Here’s what it is A time domain reflectometer sounds like something that you would use to go back to 1955 and stop Marty McFly from dating his mom, but it isn’t (unfortunately.) It’s a device that measures important things about cables that are located inside a wall...
What’s Linear TV? It’s TV that you don’t have to panic over. Listen and learn, then shop at Solid Signal - Signal Solutions including HDTV Antennas, DIRECTV and DISH Network satellite equipment and home entertainment supplies and accessories for everything you need! Listen to the podcast your way! Just choose one of the following: Option 1: Click on the image above to stream the podcast in your browser. If you use the YouTube player above, be sure to subscribe to get future videos delivered to you! Option 2: The Solid Signal Podcast is available on several podcast aggregators. Search for us, or tap on the links below on your mobile device. If you want us to add another aggregator leave a comment below. Amazon iTunes Google Podcasts...
Satellite TV has been a popular choice for boaters for decades. Unlike streaming, it works up to 50 miles off shore and the service is much more reasonably priced. I do believe that at some point we will see a better streaming solution for marine, but it’s not there yet. For now, satellite is a much better choice For those outside the “continental US” If you’re an Alaska or Hawaii resident, you probably know that satellite TV works a little different there. Instead of the pert little Slimline dishes we use in the mainland, the recommended dish is a 1.2 meter monstrosity that requires special mounting. The satellites that provide DIRECTV programming are roughly in line with Texas, and that’s a long way away from Hawaii. So, you need...
In a very real way, nothing much has changed in the world of boats in thousands of years. They’re made of something that floats, they displace water, and they go from place to place. To that degree, a Viking from the 11th century would feel right at home on one of today’s cabin cruisers. But, of course, we all know that technology changes everything, and that included boating as well. Over the years, you’ve taken the time to keep your boat up to date in a lot of ways. You added GPS, which was a huge change. You might have added some other creature comforts too, including satellite television in the 2000s. But, it’s time to talk about more upgrades. You don’t want to be left back in the Dark Ages, do you? First let’s talk about...
“Just a little further…” “A little more to the right…” “Too far…” Does this sound like what you hear every time you try to maneuver your RV through tight spaces? A recent, totally unscientific survey revealed that roughly 700% of people use a second person to help them park a large vehicle or trailer. Sometimes that person shouts, or uses a walkie talkie or cell phone. Now, while I’m obviously quoting fake statistics here, the truth is that getting your RV or trailer into a tight spot isn’t easy. You can use all the help you can get. That’s where Furrion comes in. Furrion makes wireless camera systems that are perfect for vehicles. It’s as simple as it can me. The wireless camera sends a signal to a large, 7″ screen. That signal...
The Solid Signal Blog is your resource for thousands of articles and reviews, with new content coming every day. 2023 marks our seventeeth year since our humble beginnings, and today over 250,000 people read the blog every month. Every month, the staff gets together and gathers articles that really seem like they have long-term appeal. Here’s the list for November, 2022: Can you add a cell booster so that only the driver can use it? Is there any free satellite TV left in the US? How does satellite TV work on planes? Should you try to cool your electronics with a “chill mat?” Satellite TV: Still a great idea for rural areas Is satellite TV already obsolete? Should you use the Eco mode on your TV? Marine professionals… Signal Connect is...
The last couple of years have been a pretty good time to be an RV dealer. For a lot of reasons (including one we’d all rather forget) there have been more Americans than ever who just want to get away from it all and not stay in hotels. The biggest problem for dealers has been having enough time and inventory to service the demand. That’s not a bad problem to have, right? When it comes to entertainment… …a lot of dealers don’t know what to do. As an RV dealer you’re really familiar with the ins and outs of an RV’s mechanical bits, but figuring out the upgrades can be hard. This is especially true when you’re talking about technology. Tech upgrades change so quickly and it’s hard to keep up. Luckily, you don’t have to. You have a...