06 Pont Torrent W/ Factory XM?

avediswolf

I'm Back!
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 22, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Anyone have an 06 Torrent with factory XM installed?
( Probably an equonix will work )

Anyway, The girlfriend got one. Has the head unit with the XM/AUX button, Not the BAND button.

Tried the SIR-GM1, Comes with 2 cables, 1 to use if it doesn't have factory installed XM, and 1 to use if it does. Her's doesn't. No luck.

I've read similar reports, no luck, even though the bus appears to be correct, and everything fits. And the bus does not appear to be the new LAN based system.

But I have also read of reports of it working, if using the cable for those who have factory xm, and swap.

That leads me to believe the pins on the back of the head unit have chaged from other GM models.

So, if someone has some time, I'm looking for the wire colors coming from the factory xm unit, which pin in the connector, and the same for the head unit. I want to see if I can rig this thing to work.

If anyone has done this, or can, let me know.

Thanks!

I Got SIRIUS Working!!!

working01.jpg

Many thanks to thiggin2 for helping me out with this, without him, I wouldn't have been able to figure out what had to be done.

Anyway, in a nutshell, even though the connectors fit perfectly, the SIR-GM1 is not compatible with the head unit in the 2006 Pontiac Torrent ( and probably the 2006 Chevy Equinox as well ) espically if you don't already have factory installed XM.

Anyway, I had to rearrainge some pins on the T harness that came with the SIR-GM1, and on the factory harness.

I just quickly rigged it all up, and got it activated and working.

I put everything back the way it was since it was getting late, and tomorrow plan to do the install from scratch, detailing what needs to be done, and taking some pics, and will post this here so someone else may be able to benefit from this.

Good job! Thanks for sharing too.

I know how much of a headache it was trying to find info, and I can find no one who has successfully installed this thing in a torrent who does not have exsisting xm, but can find a few dozen failed installs floating around the web.

I just didn't want to give up, until I was 100% positive it wouldn't work.

If it quits raining, as soon as I get home, I'm going to get started on the final install, and post it here and over on siriusbackstage.

:) :p :cool: :eek:

3rd sportster 4

CNP 2000 with StreetPilot

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)