1/18/2012 4:02pm - Uplink Activity Report - 173 changes

4960(369) - PLDIA (palladia) - EchoStar14 119W TP 01 Spotbeam B22 renamed to VH1(162) (Video Hits-One) (A) (H)
5075(369) - PLDIA (palladia) - EchoStar14 119W TP 01 Spotbeam B22 renamed to VH1(162) (Video Hits-One) (A) (H)
They getting rid of palladia? i hope not i enjoy palladia more than channel rename to vh-1..ty for help and reply :)

I asked about Fearnet at ces and was told that it is way to expensive and there are no plans for it at this time.

The same thing was said about the wwe network WAY to expensive!

charlie being cheap again :D and what he thinks is too expensive may be for what he thinks but not for what we think.i would love to know what they want to charge dish :) will make me really consider whether to resign with dish now that he wont get what customers want :)

4960(369) - PLDIA (palladia) - EchoStar14 119W TP 01 Spotbeam B22 renamed to VH1(162) (Video Hits-One) (A) (H)
5075(369) - PLDIA (palladia) - EchoStar14 119W TP 01 Spotbeam B22 renamed to VH1(162) (Video Hits-One) (A) (H)
They getting rid of palladia? i hope not i enjoy palladia more than channel rename to vh-1..ty for help and reply :)

No they're not getting rid of Palladia. As the rename is only active for the 119 spotbeam. Probably something for PR or Hawaii.

charlie being cheap again :D and what he thinks is too expensive may be for what he thinks but not for what we think.i would love to know what they want to charge dish :) will make me really consider whether to resign with dish now that he wont get what customers want :)
no plans for it at this time means it could be considered on down the road. fearnet has said they want to be in 20 million homes by the end of 2012. they can do that if they would drop the price a bit.

5190(30) - WTIU [MPEG4 HD] added to Ciel-2 129W TP 05 Spotbeam 24 (Mkt:Indianapolis, IN-Bloomington, IN-PBS) (NA). It looks like Indianapolis will have all 3 PBS Affilites in HD. In fact we have all the local HD now on DISH. ABC, CBS, CW, FOX, MNT., NBC and 2 other PBS already in HD.

It would appear KBS and TVJapan are staying on 61.5 and being given new channel assignments. (Was worried they would go to 118 exclusively)

Any reason why they're adding KCDO in Denver in HD? The station only broadcasts in SD...
Dish did that with a channel that my relatives get ... I emailed their Engineering and they said they had plans to go HD later in the year.

So, Dish is putting up "place holders".... I'm not sure why... either they are keeping to an internal schedule/plan regardless of what the channels do, or else they are simply trying to up the "number of local HD channels we carry" for marketing reasons.

Didn't know that Scott has a magic box, LOL. Looking forward to when it becomes available. I was watching it through an on line application when it was still ota/cable. Lots of reruns, but enough new sports that aren't carried anywhere else.

Dish did that with a channel that my relatives get ... I emailed their Engineering and they said they had plans to go HD later in the year.

So, Dish is putting up "place holders".... I'm not sure why... either they are keeping to an internal schedule/plan regardless of what the channels do, or else they are simply trying to up the "number of local HD channels we carry" for marketing reasons.

Putting in the placeholder, they're probably working at meeting the "this market has everything available in HD" to keep our congress critters and the FCC happy... (not to mention the viewers - but they're not important, are they? ;-) )

J

I think we all know the answer to that. I'll let someone else give it.......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)