1/18 Satellite Expo News & Notes

justsatellites

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 5, 2004
Memphis, TN USA—What began as the original grassroots effort to promote a satellite trade show for the
retailers, dealers & technicians, is quickly turning into “the” satellite event of 2005. While Satellite Expo &
Training Conference 2005 was designed initially to be a national trade show, it is quickly gaining even more
momentum than the promoters of the event anticipated. The international appeal was made known when
industry trade publications from around the world begin requesting press credentials and people from almost
every country began seeking show information.

While the registration for the classes & training forums are filling quicker than anticipated, exhibit space is
beginning to fill even faster. With known industry names such as Hughes, Spaun & North American Cable
sponsoring various events, and the exhibit floor full of some of the most prestigious names in the satellite
industry, Satellite Expo & Training Conference 2005 promises to be one of the most attended satellite trade
shows in recent history. The manager of one of the show hotels in Memphis had this to say about the show, “As
long as I have been in the hotel industry, I have never saw a show that had this many reservations this far in
advance of the show.”

In addition to all the usual trade show events, Satellite Expo & Training Conference
2005 will play host to the first ever “Satellite Technicians Rodeo”. Some of the best technicians in the world
will compete for fantastic prizes by showing their knowledge and ability in head to head competition. Details
of the “Rodeo” are planned for release later this week.
Satellite Expo & Training Conference 2005 Show Director, Lee Gilliland was quoted as saying, “We are
pleased to be able to provide a show of this caliber for the backbone of the industry, the retailers & technicians.
I would personally like to thank all the exhibitors & sponsors for making this show the success that it is headed
for, we realize that without all of you, none of this show would be possible.”

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts