1/2 Off Movie Offer...Starz or Cinemax?

If you are looking for more movies, you could add the Blockbuster at Home for $10 per month and get one mailed movie or game disk, and [h=3]"With Blockbuster @Home™, you get access to
Movies, TV shows and games - over 100,000 titles delivered to your door.
Plus, in-store exchanges.[/h]
  • Thousands of movies to stream on your TV, computer and iPad[SUP]®[/SUP]
    (Streaming to TV requires HD programming and a broadband
    Internet connected ViP[SUP]®[/SUP] 612, 622, 722, 722k, 922 or Hopper™
    receiver.)
  • Get over 20 additional entertainment channels including STARZ[SUP]®[/SUP]
    Cinema, EPIX, Sony Movie Channel, Palladia and many more!"

I'm not sure about STARZ being included full-time, but I couldn't quickly find more info on the Dish web site. Take a look. There is a significant amount of movie channels with this.
Good luck with your choice!

If you are looking for more movies, you could add the Blockbuster at Home for $10 per month and get one mailed movie or game disk, and [h=3]"With Blockbuster @Home™, you get access to
Movies, TV shows and games - over 100,000 titles delivered to your door.
Plus, in-store exchanges.[/h]
  • Thousands of movies to stream on your TV, computer and iPad[SUP]®[/SUP]
    (Streaming to TV requires HD programming and a broadband
    Internet connected ViP[SUP]®[/SUP] 612, 622, 722, 722k, 922 or Hopper™
    receiver.)
  • Get over 20 additional entertainment channels including STARZ[SUP]®[/SUP]
    Cinema, EPIX, Sony Movie Channel, Palladia and many more!"

I'm not sure about STARZ being included full-time, but I couldn't quickly find more info on the Dish web site. Take a look. There is a significant amount of movie channels with this.
Good luck with your choice!

Really? :facepalm

Well, I said no Netflix. And still no...but Amazon Prime is looking good. With all we buy from them, might as well. We want to see Downton Abbey which we totally missed. $0.00 HD with it.

Personally, I prefer Cinemax. Banshee is a great show, and I do enjoy Strike Back. Hit up one of the DIRT members, you might even get something free for 3 months ;)

Personally, I prefer Cinemax. Banshee is a great show, and I do enjoy Strike Back. Hit up one of the DIRT members, you might even get something free for 3 months ;)
Still, Still on the fence. Is it likely they will replay Banshee episodes in the next six months? They are starting Strike Back as of now, with several opportunities to record. No, not looking for anymore deals than already offered. Dish has more than given me my fair due, in 2012.

Last edited:
Still, Still on the fence. Is it likely they will replay Banshee episodes in the next six months? They are starting Strike Back as of now, with several opportunities to record. No, not looking for anymore deals than already offered. Dish has more than given me my fair due, in 2012.

You can always use the RoKu, iPhone, iPad, many android devices or your computer to watch cinemax with MAX GO. They have all the episodes ready to play at any time (well as soon as the episode finishes on Cinemax East).

No, not a devices guy, except for Roku...with no channel for MaxGo, FYI.

Try Comcast in my area. HBO is $20+, Cinemax is $20+, Starz is $20+, Showtime is $20+, and The Movie Channel is $20+. That pricing is all separate. It doesn't matter if it's 7 channels of HBO or 2 of The Movie Channel. Same price! Each plex is separate, meaning that you don't get The Movie Channel if you sub to Showtime, Cinemax if you sub to HBO, or Encore if you sub to Starz.

Now the only perk is that you get the Encore plex and Movieplex channels when you sub to digital cable. But, it's not all channels. When Indieplex and Retroplex were launched, Comcast took away WAM! and True Stories, now Encore Family and Encore Drama. Encore Family returned since being rebranded from Encore Wam. But Encore Drama still isn't there. By the way, the last I knew, no Encore channels were in HD.

Dish has the Encore Movie Pack for $5/month with all of the Encores (341-347) [except 340--Encore East--the HD feed is in AT250/Starz/Dish America Gold/AEP--the SD feed is in Starz/AEP] and MoviePlex (377).

I would go with Cinemax. To each his own but I prefer the movies on there compared to what Starz shows. I'm seriously considering dropping to the Welcome Pack to make room to keep Showtime (I have it half off at the moment) and get another premium and I'll be set especially if DISH ends up offering WWE Network. I love the boxing fights on Showtime and have found myself watching movies I would have likely not known about had I not did the half off offer in early January. Right now, I have offers in my online account for HBO, Cinemax or Starz as well as the Heartland and Encore packages. I'll probably pull the trigger on Cinemax soon.

Well, umm, umm, :eek: I did three...Cinemax, Starz and Encore...still $2.50 less during promo than HBO.

I like both Magic City and Spartacus.

I am looking forward to Season 2 of Magic City, but Spartacus has lost me. I am still watching only to finish out the final season, but it is nowhere near as good as it was the first few seasons. I think a big part of the problem is Liam McIntyre as Spartacus feels like a shell of a character with no personality. There is nothing likeable or unlikeable about him and the show has become rather uninteresting as a result.

Well, umm, umm, :eek: I did three...Cinemax, Starz and Encore...still $2.50 less during promo than HBO.

How good for you! I'm more amazed by you each and everyday! Pretty soon you'll be able to step out of the rain on your own. :)

Just recently finished 1/2 Sho and HBO. Now, I'm experiencing major movie deficit disorder.
If what you're trying to say is that you miss (1/2 price) HBO & Sho - did you call E* & ask them if they would re-up you on the promo again???

I had both + BB all for 1/2 off & they just ran out. Called up & was going to try & get BB 1/2 off again, as I do NOT do DVD's or BB on-line; all I want is the extra BB channels. (I have NO interest in HBO or Sho for full price!)
So when I asked to get BB 1/2 off again, she came right back & asked if I wanted to do HBO AND SHO as well for 1/2 off f/another 6 months. I really don't watch either that much - but I figured for 1/2 off, what the hell; don't get offers like this everyday!
I can just DVR movies & stuff while I have it 1/2 off, then watch them when I get around to it. If the HDD gets too full, I'll just move them off to the external HDD.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts