1/26/2011 1:04pm - Uplink Activity Report - 108 changes

Once again , I don't see how DISH can sell anyone distants because DISH supposedly sells everyone their locals, if not in hd -at least in sd. Unless they are going to substitute a hd network for those local dmas who don't have full set of hd networks, then it would make sense.

Unless they are going to substitute a hd network for those local dmas who don't have full set of hd networks, then it would make sense.
I think it would be more the markets where Dish doesnt carry the market in HD (and its a short market). Right now if the locals in a short market arent in HD, Dish cant import the neighboring DMA in HD for "fill in". But in most of these cases they would qualify for HD distants for the missing networks.

But it would seem weird for one to have one set (local/neighboring) in SD and say Chicago in HD ;) (not me but "regular folks) :)

Hopefully Dish does the HD-Distants at a reasonable price, or else my RV Registration will gather dust as it did with AAD's prices.

not that I care..what is the difference between the "free" babyfirst tv and the pay version?
Nothing, I watched some of it on 9400 a little bit ago, and it's the same stuff as a bunch I still have DVR'd from a free preview a couple years ago.

Yes Sundance is moving to Platinum. I reported this to the Pub Members earlier today. :) (Now if we could just get it in HD then I might actually watch it.) :)

Seems odd that Rainbow Media hasn't come out with an HD version of Sundance yet like their other channels. But they do offer some HD on Sundance On Demand.

I think the whole point of DISH pulling AAD was so that DISH could sell the distants themselves.

No where has it been written, other than speculation on the forums, that Dish facilitated the end of distants by AAD. They might have, but that's the point, we do not know. As what Scott said, I have been saying that since it happened. Since virtually no one would qualify if Dish is the provider, other than RV owners, I don't see a financial advantage, and perhaps it would be a disadvantage, to do the distants themselves. (more money to lease the space?) And they can fill in short markets with existing neighboring DMA networks with no further Sat space needed. It is very possible AAD decided to end it, just take a look at what has transpired with them over the last months.......ending their big dish service, dropping their distants website....

For those of us in a White area, I am really hope a third party does them.

Last edited:
The problem is that in Puerto Rico we don't had an OTA for the networks and the networks the Dish offer are in SD and had a poor quality. I recently lost my distant in HD and I MISS IT. The the the SD feed that we had in Puerto Rico suks!!!!

FINALLY! PORTLAND PBS IN HD

6426(10) - KOPB [MPEG4 HD] - EchoStar10 110W TP 29 Spotbeam 44 changed to Available (H) (Mkt:portland, OR-Portland, OR-PBS)

The problem is that in Puerto Rico we don't had an OTA for the networks and the networks the Dish offer are in SD and had a poor quality. I recently lost my distant in HD and I MISS IT. The the the SD feed that we had in Puerto Rico suks!!!!

Hope that gets resolved for you! I can understand your frustration.

(BTW - I had a great time in Puerto Rico a couple of years ago, hope to return)

So another channel put into a package that HI/AK cannot purchase....

Same here in Puerto Rico. We cannot longer buy the Package and to top it off, they block channels that I pay for like the Science Channel HD which I get 75 signal strength and LOTS more with the same situation. Just about seven months I had many more HD that I receive today. I got tired of complaining. I don't see DISH in my future, neither will they see too many more payments of 193.00/month not including 60.00 PPV events that are not included.

How would you feel if you paid sometimes over 250.00 and have to put up with this. Not here. My wife feels the same way and that's saying a lot.

They can steal from someone else. They can go and fly a kite. They receive over $ 2,000.00 a year and got the B...S to take away something I pay for.

Does Sundance becoming available on Platinum mean that it is being removed from the Showtime pack? That would make me an unhappy camper, as I subscribe to the latter, but not the former.

jfkittredge said:
Does Sundance becoming available on Platinum mean that it is being removed from the Showtime pack? That would make me an unhappy camper, as I subscribe to the latter, but not the former.

It will be in both. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)