Status
Please reply by conversation.

saidias

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 13, 2005
1.2 Meter Dish on sg2100 w/ photos

Howdy guys!
Just got my 1.2m dish installed on my sg2100. It was a freebie from Enterprise Rental Car. They took it down and where going to throw it away:) I posted some picts. It was a HUGE improvement from my Channel Master 1 meter. Signal is 90% accross the belt! WOO HOO! CBand here I come!
Here is some photos as well as the URL to my personal satellite page:)

SAIDias's Satellite Dish Project Site

Attachments

• 120cmDish_1.jpg
    120cmDish_1.jpg
    187.7 KB · Views: 276
  • 120cmDish_2.jpg
    120cmDish_2.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 288
  • 120cmDish_3.jpg
    120cmDish_3.jpg
    221.3 KB · Views: 300
Last edited:
Nice!!!!!! That thing makes the DirecTV dish look like a kid's toy! I really like the pics on your other site, too. It's fun to watch someone else make progress. Personally, I have to wait until the snow melts a bit before you catch me on the roof again! Come on spring!!!!!

Cheers!

saidias said:
Howdy guys!
Just got my 1.2m dish installed on my sg2100. It was a freebie from Enterprise Rental Car. They took it down and where going to throw it away:) I posted ome picts. I was a HUGE improvement from my Channel Master 1M. Signal is 90% accross the betl! WOO HOO! CBand here I come!
hxxp://www.mysatelliteconnection.com/saidias

Nicely done. I'll have to start looking at some of car rental car places aswell. :D

I have a channel master 1.2 and 1.8 meter also. I haven't mounted the 1.2 on a motor though. You can find them on just about every store or gas station.

The bracket that mounts the dish to the motor is a bracket off of a 29 5/8" x 39 5/8" Primestar dish. If you goto my site, there are closeup shots of the brackets with the modifications.

Last edited:
That was some good thinking using that wood piece. I have some of those elliptical primestar dishes laying around so I'll get one off of one of those. I wonder if this will work on one of the STAB120 motors?

It should, and actually might work better because the motor tube is larger, which eliminates the need for PVC sleeves around the tube. The plywood is only good for prototype. It will not withstand the elements. I will make a carbon fiber plate in the spring, but the wood was great to test with. Very quick and easy!

GL

MD

BrettTRay said:
That was some good thinking using that wood piece. I have some of those elliptical primestar dishes laying around so I'll get one off of one of those. I wonder if this will work on one of the STAB120 motors?

Short of a 1224EL, I don't think anything beats a STAB120. That is a pretty hefty chunk of metal. Though I think a plastic bag to shield from snow/sleet/rain is probably a nice idea given the topside nature of the tube.

The 1224EL is no doubt the KING of all H-to-H motors.....but for the price, I have to stick to the SG2100:)

I have that P* mount. I picked it up from a sat dealer pitching it out. Also I would paint the plywood. I pre-paint every inch of wood I put outside. I like to coat the end grain twice.

Nice job. Hope it gives you years of service.

saidias said:
Howdy guys!
Just got my 1.2m dish installed on my sg2100. It was a freebie from Enterprise Rental Car. They took it down and where going to throw it away:) I posted some picts. It was a HUGE improvement from my Channel Master 1 meter. Signal is 90% accross the belt! WOO HOO! CBand here I come!

saidias said:
Howdy guys!

Where do you live... If it is close I might be able to send you cash for the channel master :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)