Best deal on a decent 1.2 meter dish

TRG

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 19, 2007
Albuquerque, NM
I think it's time for me to invest in a bigger dish. My used commercial dish search (old gas stations etc) for the last couple of years has been a dud. Does Patriot still make them? Or is GeosatPRO the only option these days?

I think it's time for me to invest in a bigger dish. My used commercial dish search (old gas stations etc) for the last couple of years has been a dud. Does Patriot still make them? Or is GeosatPRO the only option these days?
Patriot has been out of business for about 15 years. Wherever you find a 1.2 meter antenna, it will likely need to be shipped via Motor Freight (too large for UPS), so expect to pay a sizeable amount for transport between the supplier and your destination. I would give the local rooftop search for out-of-use larger Ku band antennas one last chance.

Receive only and a great price. California office. $170 on sale

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230805_122251_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230805_122251_Chrome.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 136
Reactions: comfortably_numb
Will that mount on back function with an HH motor?
I'm not sure what mount it has but it would almost certainly require some fabrication to breed it to a STAB-type H/H motor.

If that is a stamped steel dish I believe a STAB 120 would handle it, if you can find one anymore.

A fiberglass 1.2 meter will require adapting to a polar mount or an AJAK or Birdview H/H mount to handle the load.

I have a 1.8m fiberglass offset that I hung on an AJAK and it handled that heavy dish with ease.

Can't say to a certainty based on the photo, but that looks like a standard cinder block NPRM mount. If so, the dish just slides off. Put it on a pole-mount or an NPRM with a larger mast, like this one- it's what I used.

Amazon product ASIN B003L1BCCK
View: https://www.amazon.com/Non-Penetrating-Roof-Mount-satellite/dp/B003L1BCCK/ref=sr_1_15?crid=34RREV2C80E7J&keywords=non+penetrating+roof+mount&qid=1691446507&sprefix=non+penetra%2Caps%2C134&sr=8-15&ufe=app_do%3Aamzn1.fos.006c50ae-5d4c-4777-9bc0-4513d670b6bc

A picture of the rear mount is shown in the product manual available for download on the vsat site. I enjoy a good DIY project but this doesn't look particularly HH motor friendly.

dish.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 9)

Latest posts