1.5tb EHD for 211k?

Symbol

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 24, 2009
Puerto Rico
Dish will be installing my 211k on Wednesday and I read somewhere that dish says the hard drive "should" be between 50gb and 1tb. is this true? I only have 1 EHD with a power supply at the moment and it is 1.5 tb :/ others are just regular usb portable drives.

could I partition the drive to leave 500gb out making the primary partition 1tb?

Thanks

Edit: The drive was already successfully formated by my 922.

Supposedly you can use up to 2 tb on external hard drives now. The DISH website still says from 50 gb to 1 tb, but it is out of date.

You cannot do anything to the partitioning. The 211k will take care of everything on it's own and the disk will be initialized and partitioned with the Linux system on the 211k. The 211k will destroy your previous formatting and partitioning done by the 922 as the 211k is not compatible with the 922 configuration.

thanks for the info guys, guess I'll wait till Wednesday then. Hope I can use it, if not I'll get a cheap 250gig drive since I delete most of my stuff after watching it.
either that or I will try to find a power adapter for one of my portable drives hoping that will work.

On all BUT the 211K. It is still limited at 1T.

Yep. I tried a 2TB drive on my 211k just 2 or 3 weeks ago. It didn't even try to format it. It just popped up a message stating the size range. I was a little surprised that it wouldn't use the 2TB as a 1TB drive. No biggie though, I just swapped it with a 1TB drive I had elsewhere.

I had previously read claims that larger than 1TB drives would work on the 211k... that's why I tried it. But it sure didn't work for me.

Cheers

thanks for the info guys, guess I'll wait till Wednesday then. Hope I can use it, if not I'll get a cheap 250gig drive since I delete most of my stuff after watching it.
either that or I will try to find a power adapter for one of my portable drives hoping that will work.

Give it a shot, and let us know if it works or not. That's the only way we find out about these things. Dish sure doesn't offer up the info.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts