1.69 Release

ctcohen04

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 3, 2004
I see at Dishnetwork site that 1.69 was released yesterday. It has not downloaded to my 522 yet. Has anyone seen it appear?

Yes my 522 received yesterday morning. Although I havn't really noticed anything different yet. I also have not had most of the problems listed here(knocking on wood) so I don't know if it will correct anything at all for me.

I saw a post that said they're listing 1.68 and 1.69 on their software page. This means that it's not getting pushed to ALL receivers yet. They'll only push it to "certain" receivers .... and no one really knows how they're chosen.

joe236: Can you give any partial serial numbers or identifying numbers of your receiver ??

I don't know what numbers you would want. I will give you the last digits or the first digits but not both. I have received all the updates the first date they have been out for whatever reason.

the letters after the software and boot strap verison tells you what group your receiver is with, so that could be what to be looking at

That's why I mentioned *partial* numbers....

Obviously, you've got the *right* numbers if you get the updates the first day or so that they're available. What about posting the numbers "BFG" mentioned ?? Those are "safe" to post.

I saw some posts in another thread (sorry, I forget where) that indicated software came down by range of receiver serial number. No idea if that applies to all model types or what.

I'm still L168GAGD-N
Boot: 1414GAGD

I forced a mid-day update and no new software.

The 508 is a different beastie. This was just for 522's.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)