1.8 c band dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

icu1954

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 1, 2010
lower alabama
hi guys .its been awhile,i want to purchase a 1.8 dish for c band reception.I know i can't get a full 100 percent satisfaction out of this size dish but tell me if i can get decent c band reception and is this a full 6 foot dish?:rolleyes:

You will find a full description of a nice c-band dish at Galaxy Marketing. I get dependable reception at about 41 dBW.

want to move on to cband

hi guys, you all have been a very big help to me in this world of fta.I started out a few months ago knowing absolutely nothing about this hobby,but you all came through for me when i needed you.Now i want to move on a bit to the world of c band.My finances are very funny right now,so i am considering buying a wsi 6 ft special dish from a reseller.Would this be a good dish to get me going and keep me going as long as i intend to stay in the 6 ft range,wife don't want anything larger in the yard.I also have a dmx741u that i had for c band testing on a 39 inch dish that i totally failed at.I wanted to know would it work with that dish to get me started,i don't care if the ku band is lousy,i just wanted decent c band.

I use a similar 6 footer at 87W for NASA, MeTV, ThisTV, and various other channels with good results. The DMX741U should work with no problems.

wsi 6ft special

hi to all, who has bought the wsi 6ft special.i am considering buying one from a reseller,and would like to know if you are satisfied with this dish?

merged a couple of your threads together since its the same question ;)

But WSI/Galaxy is based in Outer Atlanta...damn cant get any closer to lower Bama than that ;) ANd they're a sponsor

using conical scaler with 6 ft dish?

hi, has anybody used a dmx741u with conical scaler on a 6ft dish and had any solid results or can this set up be used this way? just a question that i had to ask.

You use a conical scalar on an offset dish, to match the F/D of the LNBF to the F/D of the dish.

Yes, if you have an offset dish, the conical would be warranted. (f/d around 0.6 or 0.7)
If you have a WSI or Fortec Star 6' BUD, then the flat scalar is appropriate. (f/d around 0.3 or 0.4)

why use a conical on a prime focus dish?

that would be like trying to shove a beta tape into a VHS machine :)

As others have stated, if not for this deal, I would not be going towards C-band at this time.

I bought 2 of the WSI specials in December and have one ready for the pole today. The weather is not cooperating with my plans to mount it today though. The first one will be for C band. I have an idea for alternate mounting to my deck using some steel hardware I have laying around. I will let you all know how it works for me.

The second one, which will have all the sanded/repainted sections, will be for Ku and will probably go up in the spring.

a 1.6 or 1.8m?

Unless you're getting it for free I wouldn't try and use an offset dish for C-Band when WSI has a 6 foot Prime Focus dish for $70. Then you can use any LNB with no modification or extra special parts (ie: conical scaler ring)

bargain dish paint job?

has anybody ever did a paint job on your bargain dish,if so did it affect the signal quality and what type paint did you use?:rolleyes:

are you talking about a solid dish or a mesh dish?....i believe there are only certain type paints you can use on solid dishes....i think the paint needs to be lead free....hopefully others can confirm or deny this....

merged yet two more threads of yours into this one.
Again please keep all your questions in regards to the Galaxy 6 foot dish or others in comparison in the same thread. Makes it so much easier to follow

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)