1.8 Locks Up & I'm Afraid To Reinstall...

SkyCaptain

Original poster
Aug 4, 2006
Shouldn't 1.8 timeout if it can't get to the servers... or are they still running? I've had this installed and authorized forever, but it quit working while I was on vacation last week.

Can I reinstall it, or am I going to have problems w/ authentication servers being down? Or does someone have a better suggestion?

Mercifully, XM radio is still playing because the sw left it on when it died. :)

Thanks in advance,
-- SkyCaptain

Just a few days ago someone mentioned they were able to re-authorize the software. I do not see why you wouldn't be able to reinstall.

Also - realize - after installing / authorizing 1.8 you can go back TT 3.x and it will work as well (works better). Try searching the other threads - but we were able to confirm with at least 1 other user that after installing 3.x, installing 1.8 and authorizing it, makes 3.x authorized and works.

Good Luck (BTW - I do not have any current knowledge that the servers are up RIGHT NOW - I just read on the forum here that someone else was able to get it to work)

3.2 works fine. Thank you!

3.2 installs fine on top of the broken 1.8 and gave me absolutely no hassles about authentication.

Thank you! I'm greatly relieved to have my software back.

-- SkyCaptain

PS -- My personal bet on where this is going? XM will release their own version which allows you to buy the downloaded songs. They already been issued a patent on the technology to sell you a song they've cached from the satellite.

SkyCaptain said:
PS -- My personal bet on where this is going? XM will release their own version which allows you to buy the downloaded songs. They already been issued a patent on the technology to sell you a song they've cached from the satellite.

I cannot locate this information - have a linky?

Before TT disappeared, I was having the same issue with 1.7 & 1.8. Tech support sent me this note:

"It has been identified that TimeTrax may cause a Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) in Windows on some PCs that use Hyper Threading or Dual Core Processors.

To fix this issue while we work to correct this issue please do the following:

Right click My computer, select Properties.
Go to the advanced tab.
Under Start up and recovery, select Settings.
Under System startup, click the edit button next to "To edit the startup options file manually, click edit"
You will see something like:
[boot loader]
timeout=30
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOW S
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Micro soft Windows XP Professional" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect /usepmtimer /onecpu

Notice the /onecpu command.... add this to the line, (do not add anything else just the /onecpu command)

Save
Exit
Restart

If you don't want to modify the boot.ini file you can also just disable dual core in your bios.

Derek"

As long as I diable dual core in my bios before using TT it works great. I guess now this will never be corrected.

SkyCaptain said:
I read it a while ago, but this is the one I think is the closest match:

Digital Radio Prepaid Music Recording System

-- SkyCaptain

Actually the Patent noted above is more related to Error Correction than a pay_per_song system. The Interleaving mixes up the transmitted data so when it is received, a loss (interference - blocked signal) would not effect the same data on two simultaneous streams at the same instant. Basically, if both signals get blocked (you drove through a tunnel) you can still recover the data from one of the streams since the order of the data is different on the two streams.

Yeah, I was afraid it might not be the one. I'm not going to do an exhaustive search right now, but trust me -- they have a patent on the exact tech to download a song on a portable player (like the ones they sell now) and sell it to you later. The patent mentions a smart card to use as a the debiting tool.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)