This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

1 mile from towers - simplest solution for attic

spiderg8r

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 13, 2004
I have a set of uhf/vhf rabbit ears now set up and can get all of the stations, but not without readjusting the antenna each time - just moved it to the attic and I still can get one group of stations but not the others without adjustment. I have two vhf stations at 10 and 13, the rest are uhf. And I think that the vhf stations also send a uhf duplicate station. What should I put up there - and is there a potential problem that towers are too close. Most are .6 miles, a couple are 1.1 miles. Any input would be apreciated. thanks

looks like the ones giving me trouble are the closest including cbs at just .4 miles

try a simple pair of old rabbit ears. trust me, they do work. i pulled in all my channels with great reception without moving them and they were right by my tv. you might have to get an adapter. i was 15 to 20 mile away from towers, in FL with no interference.

You might get a couple attenuators from Radio Shack if you have a problem with too much signal strength.