#1 Re-Install and Voom Hookup!

2extreme

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Yo, I just had the best installer today! I have had dish since December, 180 w/locals and HD pak. My installer then did a piss ass job, mounted the superdish on a poll right next to my huge blue spruce tree and left the cable draped across the lawn. (I was at work at the time and my wife was home sick so I couldn't "supervise" his work, neither could she, seeing she was basically bed ridden). I called and bitched then but got nowhere.

When I hear bout the voom channels, I called and setup an appointment to get the 61.5 sat and asked if they could bury the cable from the original install. They said sure, 2 work orders, (1) paid $100 on credit card for second 61.5 dish and (2) to bury wire from crappy original install.

Well the installer came today at 1pm to greet my wife seeing that I get done with work at 3pm. I gave her instructions as to what I wanted done! :) He told her he was a bit confused with some of the instructions on the work order and asked to see where the dish was and the receivers. He walked out back and was in disbelief.

To make a long story short, when I got home at 3:20pm, I had my original superdish moved, a new dish 500 (61.5 sat), and DP-44 or DPP44 (whatever it is called) switch installed and mounted on the roof of my detatched garage (this is where I wanted it installed).

I met and greeted the installer, a few stories and beers (yes beers) later I had a complete re-install, new dish, new switch with booster attached behind my 811 to increase the switch power and complete cable bury from my garage to my house. (No I am not telling you his name nor company! :) )

Now I am up and vooming and have a much better appearance in my yard with the dishes even with a second dish. Can't even tell they are there unless you look for them!

He said he was willing to move the original dish etc because of the piss poor original install that he saw when he got here. The system wasn't even grounded properly.

I tell you, this install is night and day from the original install.

Professional, curtious, and overall great job on his part! Thumbs up to installers like him! :up :up :up

I will post some before/after pics once I find original on my computer and take some of the new install! Just thought I'd share this with all of you!

(Posted pics below in replies!)

cool!
Its always nice to hear about the good installs

(and on a side note.....There can't be that many installers in Sheboygan..we coulod probably find him :D:D)

Iceberg said:
(and on a side note.....There can't be that many installers in Sheboygan..we coulod probably find him :D:D)

Oh ya, I have my location posted...haha...But you are right on that except he comes from a city about 50 miles north of Sheboygan... HAHA. But bet you can figure out where that is too...LOL

Oh and I have his personal Cell number also for anything in the future or if I am ever in his "area". And no, I never knew him before today!

2extreme said:
Oh ya, I have my location posted...haha...But you are right on that except he comes from a city about 50 miles north of Sheboygan... HAHA. But bet you can figure out where that is too...LOL

Oh and I have his personal Cell number also for anything in the future or if I am ever in his "area". And no, I never knew him before today!

hee hee...no I probably don't

I'm more of the Northern Wisconsin area :)

Here are my photos of the "original" install. Left it a mess, mounted it where I didn't want it (again I was at work, my wife was sick) and cut my cable wire coming into the house. Oh and stole a high quality splitter I had in the basement)

And btw, this installer told me that the original installer has since been fired and his company told him to take pictures of the last install and pictures of what this installer had to do to fix it. In turn his company will be sending the original (fired) installer a bill for what it took to fix his install.

I will be posting the new install in a few.

Attachments

• DSC01721.JPG
    DSC01721.JPG
    83.7 KB · Views: 281
  • DSC01722.JPG
    DSC01722.JPG
    72.9 KB · Views: 248
  • DSC01723.JPG
    DSC01723.JPG
    73.1 KB · Views: 207
  • DSC01724.JPG
    DSC01724.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 209
  • DSC01725.JPG
    DSC01725.JPG
    65.1 KB · Views: 288
  • DSC01726.JPG
    DSC01726.JPG
    66.1 KB · Views: 269
Here are the pics of the new (correct) install the way I wanted it. Superdish and 61.5 sat.

Can hardly even see the bury! :D

Attachments

• DSC01905.JPG
    DSC01905.JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 242
  • DSC01904.JPG
    DSC01904.JPG
    46.3 KB · Views: 278
  • DSC01902.JPG
    DSC01902.JPG
    114.1 KB · Views: 245
  • DSC01901.JPG
    DSC01901.JPG
    79 KB · Views: 251
  • DSC01900.JPG
    DSC01900.JPG
    96.8 KB · Views: 233
  • DSC01898.JPG
    DSC01898.JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 261
  • DSC01906.JPG
    DSC01906.JPG
    48 KB · Views: 266
Very nice job! It's good to hear about these types of installs.

Call it an overly anal eye for detail, but our QC guy would have a fit with the 61.5 having a DP Twin instead of a Dual or (better yet!) a Single. Otherwise, your installer did good

haha thanks for the comments. I am very happy with what he did! I'm sure he would love to hear these comments as well!

He said that the pics he took of the original install were going to be used at his shop on "How not to install Dish". haha that is funny.

first install what was wrong

I dont see what was wrong with the 1st install other than he did not bury the coax, the ground was probably frozen when he did it, would have to wait for the ground to thaw to bury the coax

dodge said:
I dont see what was wrong with the 1st install other than he did not bury the coax, the ground was probably frozen when he did it, would have to wait for the ground to thaw to bury the coax

I hope you are joking on your statement. Better yet i hope you are not a installer and would leave this mess at a customer home.

t

dodge said:

Yes ground was frozen so you are right they couldn't bury. However, It was a crappy install as my pics show. The system wasn't even grounded, though he said it was. He slipped the coax through an existing hole that the cable company had used after he cut the cable. Seeing that the hole was too small he actually cut off the ground wire and only fed the coax through. Hense it was not grounded. Dodge...Go back to Dodge... :D

:rolleyes: you still could have done all the work from the ladder, trust me we have plenty of snow up here. Only roof installs we don't do is if we have to get off the ladder in the wintertime.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)