1 Stereo Channel Playing Through Both Speakers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

kovach

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 24, 2006
St. Louis
I noticed this last night, had an XM station playing, and songs I'm very familiar with, there were certain songs I couldn't hear a specific instrument, and I figured out I was only getting 1 channel of the stereo, yet it was coming out through both speakers.

I have my DirecTV receiver hooked up to my TV with HDMI, and red/white audio cables out of TV to audio receiver.

I had this same exact setup with Dish except used component cables from the Dish receiver to the TV instead of HDMI, and there were no such issues.

So I'm assuming it has something to do with the receiver or the signal or the HDMI.

Any ideas?

How come you don't go straight from the DVR to the audio receiver vs. going through the TV first? I would also use the digital audio output if your receiver supports it....

I have the DVR, DVD, and VHS all hooked into my TV, then 1 set of cables from the TV to my audio receiver. It's a rather old receiver, only have limited hookups (no digital audio). Not to mention I'd need cables twice as long (or longer) to run those all directly to my audio receiver.

I did try running the audio directly from the DVR to my receiver, no difference. I was thinking maybe it had something to do with the HDMI cable to my TV, but that turned out not to be the case.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)