shakobe

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 25, 2009
California
Im in d peocess of activating 2 duo receivers in 2 of my rooms but there is no phone line to connect in the room is there anyway i can avoid the extra charge...thx

Depends on which receiver you have. If you have VIP receivers then as stated above connected the ethernet cable and you're good to go. If not the VIP receivers, then you would need a wireless phone jack.

You might consider getting some very thin (I use white color) long length telephone cord to run into adjacent rooms, etc. I use two of these to connect 3 boxes in the living room (no broadband there, yet) to the phone jack clear across the other side of the room. I think they still sell them at Target.

The thin, white cord runs along the door frame and the baseboard and it blends in perfectly to the room and is mostly out of sight, and no one ever notices it. However, DO NOT run thin telephone cords under carpet as they may easily fray and could cause a fire.

The other solution (one I am working on) is to set-up a wired network, or a wireless network to use the boxes' broadband jack. Good luck, or if you have broadband you could use the Dish Com set-up (accessing your internet connection using your existing wiring in your home by plugging it into the wall outlet. I don't have that, but someone who knows can explain more.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts