10/14/2015 12:44 - Uplink Report - 11 Changes

If you are not subscribed to an HD package, you will not see the channel in HD, except locals....
not necessarily. If you have Smart Pack or Welcome Pack you get the HD version of any channel in freeview and any add on programming (Heartland, Outdoor, HBO, etc)
At least it was like that 6 months ago when I asked

Reactions: Tampa8
And that is how I understand it. The one question I do not believe has been answered..... Do you need to have HD for life to see HD in an add on package.

And that is how I understand it. The one question I do not believe has been answered..... Do you need to have HD for life to see HD in an add on package.
no. When I had Dish a while ago I had just Welcome Pack and had locals and outdoor sports programming in HD (and freeviews too)
When I asked 6 months ago I was told the same thing (locals and freeviews and any add on packages would automatically get HD on those stations)

And you never had HD for life? Then that answers that question.
no. When I got Dish the last time (2011...just found the thread) I activated a new 211k that I purchased on Welcome Pack.
I got locals in HD. When Dish had a freeview those channels were in HD too (if they were in HD)
When I added Outdoor Sports the stations were in HD too (found that thread too)

Reactions: Tampa8
I have AT250 and Movies Pack (formerly BBAH) but no Sportsman Pack and I only see the HD version of the outdoor channel.

If you have Top250 it includes both the SD and HD channels of Outdoor Channel..... Movie pack plays no part in it.

Well I have no use for the SD version. Just trying to help narrow down what programming level gets it in HD. Sounds like you need AT250 to get it in HD regardless of whether you have the Outdoor Pak.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)