10/17/2012 4:17pm - Uplink Activity Report - 69 changes

dbs2000 said:
I don't know but those ABC/CBS/NBC look so ugly it hurts my eyes. 480P????

I have to agree with you. The quality is very poor. The only this is that they don't appear zoomed. But in no way that qualify is hd quality.wapa2 on the other hand is looking fantastic.

I don't know but those ABC/CBS/NBC look so ugly it hurts my eyes. 480P???? I have a very expensive Plasma H TV. It looks as SD but set to Normal on my aspect ratios on my remote.

Not at home right now. Will be tomorrow. Have you gone into preferences and changed to 1080i?

Are you using the Dish DVR menu system to turn on Closed Captioning - or just using the TV remote ?
Menu. It is the signal. DVR recordings are fine, even last season SD ABC shows. I can't change channels right now (recording). But I will check later tonight and compare SD and HD ABC channels. Plus all others networks.

the hard reset did nothing, it continued to show info not available, but turned-off by the remote and leave that way for about an hour, and the guide received the data for those channels, maybe a combination of both. looking for picture quality, the only programs with low resolution are the ones from the local channel, the feed directly from the networks look much better. need to check the other recorded PTAT programs to compare. thanks!

Menu. It is the signal. DVR recordings are fine, even last season SD ABC shows. I can't change channels right now (recording). But I will check later tonight and compare SD and HD ABC channels. Plus all others networks.
During the news, Closed captioning for ABC SD channel was suddenly messed up, HD channel CC is non-existent. Now on Nightline, CC is great on SD, but is not being broadcasted in HD.
CBS Letterman on SD and HD have CC OK.
NBC's Leno- CC OK on SD and HD.

So it seems it is only ABC.
Is there a process to report this to Dish?

on the local news yesterday...1 of the dish representation mentioned that they plan to have 100 HD channels for PR soon. I dont understand how they plan to do that?? Maybe just talk to have number thrown in the air
OK, so I counted.... (AEPack here)
Right now we have 68 HD "regular" channels (cable, networks, premium), 4 Sports ALT, 11 PPV movie channels, 1 NHL Center Ice channel, plus 1 at 5710 (Velocity)
So that equals 85, plus Fox this week (hopefully) = 86. And I am being extra generous; the Alt channels are usually not available to us.
Let's add to this CI, PIXL, HDNMV, UNIHD, (which are in the guide, green color, don't think that right now you can subscribe to them), with those we have 90 (or 86 if you subtract the ALTs)
So what are going to be the other 10 or 14?
I could suggest... (how about the premiums we lost, anyone?:))

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts