10/3/2012 3:47pm - Uplink Activity Report - 53 changes

Boy, this really adds as a gift on my birthday this Friday. This is great. I even had a software update L754 this a.m. and it's flawless, not that the 722K is not, very stable unit. But yes the news is GREAT:popcorn:):bluesbros:.

Channel Type Changes:
7773(64) - WNAC Echostar12 61.5W TP 11 Spotbeam 2 changed from MPEG2 SD to MPEG2 SD ViP (Mkt:providence, RI-Providence, RI-FOX) (A) (H)
This is new. (at least new to me) Anyone know what that means?

Boy, this really adds as a gift on my birthday this Friday. This is great. I even had a software update L754 this a.m. and it's flawless, not that the 722K is not, very stable unit. But yes the news is GREAT:popcorn:):bluesbros:.
Happy Birthday!!
Hope your birthday wish gets completed, and all channels are made available on Friday!!

Happy Birthday and enjoy it :)

Channel Type Changes:
7773(64) - WNAC Echostar12 61.5W TP 11 Spotbeam 2 changed from MPEG2 SD to MPEG2 SD ViP (Mkt:providence, RI-Providence, RI-FOX) (A) (H)
This is new. (at least new to me) Anyone know what that means?
That markets locals will soon only be viewable by a MPEG 4 receiver.

hey, you forgot these!!!

4925(309) - HBOLT [MPEG4 HD]added to EchoStar14 119W TP 04 Spotbeam B23 (Home Box Office Latino) (NA)
4933(113) - COOK [MPEG4 HD] added to EchoStar11 110W TP 22 ConUS beam (NA)
4935(121) - H2 [MPEG4 HD] added to EchoStar11 110W TP 22 ConUS beam (NA)
4936(194) - AMERI [MPEG4 HD] added to EchoStar11 110W TP 19 ConUS beam (NA)
4939(187) - HMC [MPEG4 HD] added to EchoStar11 110W TP 22 ConUS beam (Hallmark Movie Channel) (NA)
4940(340) - ENCOR [MPEG4 HD] added to EchoStar11 110W TP 19 ConUS beam (Encore (East)) (NA)
4942(111) - DIY [MPEG4 HD] added to EchoStar11 110W TP 22 ConUS beam (Do It Yourself Network) (NA)
4945(115) - STYLE [MPEG4 HD] added to EchoStar11 110W TP 22 ConUS beam (Style) (NA)
4970(273) - GLVSN [MPEG4 HD] added to EchoStar14 119W TP 04 Spotbeam B23 (Galavisión (Este)) (NA)

I have waited all day and nothing as of 5:05 PM EST. When will they open up. How long before they un-lock them????

all of those channels stated NA (not available), maybe next wednesday they'll become available. for now, enjoy DIY and ENCORE that are the only ones i can watch from that list, i'm with AEP

Why that day in specific ????????????????? What make you say that?
dbs, when you mentioned Friday, I thought you were joking or wishing for a day... Usually, when Dish uplinks channels, they are not available immediately. In a lot of cases, they are made available a week after they are uplinked, maybe that's why manteca said "next Wednesday", since big uplinks happen every Wednesday. Even so, it could be weeks before we actually see them. Case in point, it's been a month or more since WIPR-2 has been uplinked, but it's still not available.
I hope to see them soon, but I don't know if DISH will wait until there is a way to get Fox in HD before making them all available. I really hope not, believe me, I am coming to the uplink report every couple of hours, wishing to see a flag change to "Available". Specially, I was hoping for yesterday also, so that I could watch this weekend sports in HD. Guess we all have to wait a bit more...

wednesdays are the days that the uplink center report the big changes, i'm just guessing and that's why i included "maybe" in the post

dbs, when you mentioned Friday, I thought you were joking or wishing for a day... Usually, when Dish uplinks channels, they are not available immediately. In a lot of cases, they are made available a week after they are uplinked, maybe that's why manteca said "next Wednesday", since big uplinks happen every Wednesday. Even so, it could be weeks before we actually see them. Case in point, it's been a month or more since WIPR-2 has been uplinked, but it's still not available.
I hope to see them soon, but I don't know if DISH will wait until there is a way to get Fox in HD before making them all available. I really hope not, believe me, I am coming to the uplink report every couple of hours, wishing to see a flag change to "Available". Specially, I was hoping for yesterday also, so that I could watch this weekend sports in HD. Guess we all have to wait a bit more...

Well that's good to know. That is why I visit this site. I am changing the name of this site to " The DBS Brainpower Site ". Every time I visit here, I learn something new. DISH is not going to call me and let me know.

Sometimes I wonder how the average sub can handle all the troubleshooting and information of what is going on.

If it was not for you guys, I could not have to manage not to call TECH support for years, because you are better that them.

Thanks again.:popcorn

Dish does uplinks for new channels usually on Wednesdays. usually, but not everytime, a channel will be uplinked but not available for a week or so. Dish is testing or other things at this time. then the channel goes live the next week, sometimes. there are quite a few times that a channel has been uplinked never to become available. Just come to the Uplink Report forum Wednesday afternoon about 5:00 pm CST and see if it is there.

patience grassHOPPER :D

Iceberg said:
right now it isnt in HD. The channels have been on C-Band (big dish) for a while now (CW, ABC, NBC, FOX and WVXF Live Well.....formerly CBS) and just recently they switched WVGN to HD

Fox WSJX on 99 C Band change to HD and I recieved a message from a friend from storefront that it will be on dish on october last week

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)