10/31/2012 6:17pm - Uplink Activity Report - 109 changes

Thanks ljdonato for following up the CC issue for ABC & FOX HD channels. DIRT can also file that report on my behalf if needed.
I could ask, but for mine, I needed to give my account info, software version, receiver model, etc. So maybe if you have the time later (unless we get home and its solved...;)) and can contact them, I think it would help DISH speed this. As I said before, the CC is available in the SD versions of the channels (although since this weekend Fox CC is garbled).

wow ... Fuse, IFC and Sundance have returned ... in glorious SD ... wonder how much this is gonna cost us come February?

Hope it was worth it.
For Dish it was worth it, compared to the looming court case or the 15-year VOOM contract. For us subs, not so much.

wow ... Fuse, IFC and Sundance have returned ... in glorious SD ... wonder how much this is gonna cost us come February?

Hope it was worth it.

Its in a thread here somewhere.."VOOM vs Dish" has the settlement details..take the number and divide by 14 million (customers)and then divide again by 12 (per month) and that should give us a good idea of what the mininum price increase will be in feb

Its in a thread here somewhere.."VOOM vs Dish" has the settlement details..take the number and divide by 14 million (customers)and then divide again by 12 (per month) and that should give us a good idea of what the mininum price increase will be in feb
:rolleyes:

If they pay it all off in a year, then yeah, your formula applies, but only as a one-year temporary price hike. If they amortize it over 5 years or more, then the cost per sub is less than a dollar/month.
The settlement amount will have little to do with price increases this Feb, and more to do with the new carriage agreements from AMC et. al. and other providers that were re-negotiated or will be renegotiated in the near future.

:rolleyes:

If they pay it all off in a year, then yeah, your formula applies, but only as a one-year temporary price hike. If they amortize it over 5 years or more, then the cost per sub is less than a dollar/month.
The settlement amount will have little to do with price increases this Feb, and more to do with the new carriage agreements from AMC et. al. and other providers that were re-negotiated or will be renegotiated in the near future.
that was sarcasm..but Charlie would never have a temporary price increase..and dont forget the settlement includes a carriage agreement..(The settlement is basically what he is paying for the channels)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)