SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Sun - 19 - .53 per channel
Mon - 22 - .45 per channel
Tues - 12 - .83 per channel
Wed - 7 - 1.42 per channel

I know programming cost go up, but it usually takes a few years to almost triple.
Dish did it in 5 days!
GHR pointed out that 1.5 Million subs were going to be disappointed in his Multichannel comments, I assume that's how many people had the Ultimate package.
Dish just found a way to make 13 million a month(1.42 -.53 = .89 x 1.5 mil).
Stockholders will love it.

Seeing how quickly VOOM went away I almost wonder if Dish is going to drop the HD Essentials/Ultimate moniker and go back to a single $10 - $12 HD package.

Your numbers have nothing to do with the profit increase Dish will receive from the change. For that, you would need to know the details of their contracts with the providers, including voom.

Sun - 19 - .53 per channel
Mon - 22 - .45 per channel
Tues - 12 - .83 per channel
Wed - 7 - 1.42 per channel

I know programming cost go up, but it usually takes a few years to almost triple.
Dish did it in 5 days!
GHR pointed out that 1.5 Million subs were going to be disappointed in his Multichannel comments, I assume that's how many people had the Ultimate package.
Dish just found a way to make 13 million a month(1.42 -.53 = .89 x 1.5 mil).
Stockholders will love it.
How did you come up with this estimate? Even with losing 15 channels, there is still 5-7 more then we had on the 10th. and the price is the same.

You would think that Dish would be forced to add more channels to the ultimate package real SOON or eliminate the package. I don't think saying "We will have over 100 national HD channels by year end" will cut it with people who sub to that package.

there's only 7 left in the upper package.. meaning we're paying 10 bux / 7 channels..

are UniversalHD, MGMHD, HDNET Movies, NBAHD, NHLHD, WFNHD, And SmithsonianHD worth 10 dollars extra?

For me I will never watch NBAHD, NHLHD, WFNHD.. so are 4 channels worth 10 dollars to me?

What is in the ultimate package now? If you have to get the top 250 pack to get all the HD then, I can't see E* charging you $20 while D* is only Charging $10. So HD only Pack is the only Pack that is still a good deal.

The poster before you answered the question.

What is in the ultimate package now? If you have to get the top 250 pack to get all the HD then, I can't see E* charging you $20 while D* is only Charging $10. So HD only Pack is the only Pack that is still a good deal.
According to the Dish Website the At250 + dishHD Ultimate pak has one more HD channel than the dishHD (only) pak -- the BigTen Network. Of course that channel has little note saying it could go away any day :)

Talon Dancer

Maybe we should ask the Rumor Man.....Oh Scott, do you know if they are planning on adding more channels to the Ultimate package or getting rid of it altogether?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)