10 minutes of rain & 722K has retired...

Chuck In Ohio

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 4, 2009
Athens, Ohio
We've been DISH Network customers since July 2, so we're very new to this.

Within the first two hours our 222K receiver bit the dust- long story...and it was replaced on the 4th.

Today it rained pretty hard for about 10 minutes around noon (no lightning that I know of). Both receivers (the 222K and the 722K) went down and displayed the "acquiring signal" screen. About the time the rain stopped the 222K came back on. The 722K is still displaying the "acquiring signal" screen and it's after 10PM. We tried the reset button, then did a hard re-boot by unplugging for a minute or so to no avail.

I called tech support and the guy had me do that 6-1-1 switch check (I think that's what it's called- I could barely understand him) and red Xs came up under each satellite signal.

The "acquiring signal" screen doesn't even move from STEP 0 OF 5. The transponder will switch periodically, but that's all.

The tech guy told me he could have a service technician out on Tuesday. I couldn't do anything but agree. I really don't want to wait that long so I'm asking for any ideas on things I could try before then. My wife wasn't terribly happy with the switch from Time Warner and now she's winning 2-0. She "told me so" and she's usually right. I'm starting to think she was (right).:(

I really like all of the entertainment that DISH Network offers, but I'm wondering if the majority of their equipment is like this or we're just having really bad luck from the beginning with these guys. Everything appeared brand new during the installation- sealed boxes, plastic wrap, new stickies, remotes, etc.

I would unhook the satellite input from the back of the 722, then turn it on and run a check switch.

Then, pull power cord, hook satellite back up, plug in cord, run check switch. Other than that, you will need to wait for a tech.

It could be any of the following:

Bad LNB
Bad 722
Bad crimp on cable
Bad Separator

Chris

OK. Thanks for the responses. I'll try your suggestions Chris. The only thing that I can check on your could be list is the cable crimp. And Jim, I'd just as soon wait for the tech to climb up on the roof & check for water.;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)