DishFamily w/ Classic Bronze + BronzeHD package question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

illusionescape

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Feb 15, 2009
Houston, TX
I was wondering about this package... do you get only the HD channels available based on the Classic Bronze package? Or do you get the HD channels available based on both DishFamily and Classic Bronze packages (i.e., Bio HD, CBS College Sports HD, Science Channel HD, Fox News Channel HD)?

That is the package I currently have now. You do not get all of the Dishfamily HD channels. Basically whatever SD channels have an HD equvilant plus HDNET, HDTheater and Palladia.

I was wondering about this package... do you get only the HD channels available based on the Classic Bronze package? Or do you get the HD channels available based on both DishFamily and Classic Bronze packages (i.e., Bio HD, CBS College Sports HD, Science Channel HD, Fox News Channel HD)?

I'm not sure I am understanding what package you have or are looking at. The title is showing 2 different packages.

One package is Dishfamily, which I don't believe you can attach any HD programing to.

The second package is Classic Bronze which is SD programing. You can then add the BronzeHD to it, and that will add the HD channels that are available in the Classic Bronze list.

If I am understanding your question correctly, you will only get the channels listed on the particular package list. In example, Dishfamily has the Hallmark channel and Classic Bronze does not.

Going from Dishfamily to Classic Bronze is not just increasing the number of channels, there are certain channels that are unique to each programming package, unlike the TurboHD packages, which do simply add channels to a base package.

I hope that answers your question, if it doesn't then try us again.

I'm not sure I am understanding what package you have or are looking at. The title is showing 2 different packages.

There seems to be a bundle thing where you get both. I'd post a link, but it wouldn't work since it's a page in your account screen, so I will tell you how to see what we are talking about.

Click on the programming link on the left hand side
Expand "Basic Programming Packages"
Expand "American"
Bam, there is the bundle stuff along with everything else as an option.

DishFAMILY w/ Classic Bronze 100 $54.98
DishFAMILY w/ Classic Bronze 100 Plus $59.98

That is the package I currently have now. You do not get all of the Dishfamily HD channels. Basically whatever SD channels have an HD equvilant plus HDNET, HDTheater and Palladia.
So basically the same as Classic Bronze + HD, which I think is what we both figured, but were secretly hoping for more. Thank you for the answer.

wouldnt it be just a few more dollars to get

I dont know why someone would want to spend close to what the classic 250 package would cost and get less channels,if you dont like some channels isnt there away of locking them out.II almost went this route but CSR talked me into 250 for a few dollars more,now the price goes up once you add Hd add on and DVR advantage (Like I have)but you dont have to have the DVR advantage(has locals in HD if your area has them)but in long run if you add on all the extras you would be spending maybe 4 dollars less if you went the family and classic bronze with Hd,.Maybe Im wrong .let me know.

I've considered that too. What I really like about the dish family package is that is blocks at a top level the adult programming from even showing up in the guide. It's not that it's locked out and you have enterprising kids who can try and get around it, it's simply not even there for them to see.

I've considered that too. What I really like about the dish family package is that is blocks at a top level the adult programming from even showing up in the guide. It's not that it's locked out and you have enterprising kids who can try and get around it, it's simply not even there for them to see.
Locks and Limits does the same thing. Read you user manual.;)

Locks and Limits does the same thing. Read you user manual.;)

It does to a point, but at the same time it doesn't. If you lock it out or place limits, you can still go flip the switch on the receiver to show them again. Yes, they are generally not there, but they could be. All it takes is four little numbers which aren't that hard to brute force. Just time.

I believe the minimum package requirement for HD is Classic Bronze 100.

Dish Family is not eligible for HD.

If you subscribe to HD BRonze, you are automatically upped to Classic Bronze 100.

There seems to be a bundle thing where you get both. I'd post a link, but it wouldn't work since it's a page in your account screen, so I will tell you how to see what we are talking about.

Click on the programming link on the left hand side
Expand "Basic Programming Packages"
Expand "American"
Bam, there is the bundle stuff along with everything else as an option.

DishFAMILY w/ Classic Bronze 100 $54.98
DishFAMILY w/ Classic Bronze 100 Plus $59.98

So basically the same as Classic Bronze + HD, which I think is what we both figured, but were secretly hoping for more. Thank you for the answer.

Thanks for walking me through that, I had never seen this before.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)