Turbo subscribers and "Thank You" offer

LeM22

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 11, 2009
Northern VA
I rarely get anything from Dish in the mail though I've been a subscriber for 6+ years. Today I received a "Thank You" flier for being a valued customer.

Did other Turbos get this? Anyone else?

I'm thinking....could this be the "exchange" or "olive branch" that Dish is sending to Turbos before they shut us off?

fyi

Programming reward of $186 (120 off current package and free HBO/Showtime)
or
HD DVR Reward of $196 (Free HD DVR upgrade, HBO/Showtime/Platinum for 3 mo).

The fine print is a little to fine for my eyes right now but this phrase says,
"This is a new commitment...24mo...Platinum customer who subscribes must call to downgrade or current or then-current price will apply."

Sort of conflicting to offer extended

I don't know if this was a Turbo olive branch or not, but I received the attached mailer from Dish. Obviously biting on this would involve another 2 year contract, but I could get another free DVR plus more discounts than I would know what to do with. I would be basically getting a new sub discount as a current customer. Anyways, I could also take this chance to get out of Turbo, and comfortably transition to a higher price.

Do you guys think I should take them up on the offer?

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 458
I don't know if this was a Turbo olive branch or not, but I received the attached mailer from Dish. Obviously biting on this would involve another 2 year contract, but I could get another free DVR plus more discounts than I would know what to do with. I would be basically getting a new sub discount as a current customer. Anyways, I could also take this chance to get out of Turbo, and comfortably transition to a higher price.

Do you guys think I should take them up on the offer?

If you have Turbo and don't mind another 24 mos, absolutely.

I have HD Absolute and I got the offer also.

I used it to upgrade my 622 to a 722k for only the price of the dual tuner OTA module.

So, for $29.99 I got a ViP 722K with dual tuner OTA module, $10 off my bill per month for 12 months and I did not take the HBO/Showtime offer.

My monthly bill will be the same so I will net $90 over the next year, and I had just used Dish'N It Up 3 months ago to get a 211k.

I got it and I have 250 channels + gold HD or what ever it's called. I passed on it in hopes there will be an offer for the 922 when it comes out or at least in the next 2 years.

I'm not in a contract now that's probably why I got it.

I'm moving (legitimately :rolleyes:) to a new address on Aug 1, and I wanted to upgrade to a 722K, so I took the offer. I'm a Turbo HD Gold sub, so I'll get three months of Platinum free on the same date that the whole "free Platinum" stuff is gonna go down. Not sure how it's going to work, I've been toying with going to Classic Gold + HD, especially if Turbo Subs don't get BBCA.

Isaacbob, did they give you a 722k; I was told 622 or nothing, even though I understand some retailers don't carry 622s any more.

I did get a 722K. Whether or not I acutally get that when the installer comes, we will see, but I was already charged the $30 for the OTA module. I already have a 722, and the CSR was confused on why I wanted to upgrade, but then I said I was in a DMA w/o locals and I wanted to be able to record more than one OTA channel.

I think I will, but I still want another HD receiver; I was just told that it had to be a 622, which I don't really want. But a free receiver is a free receiver. :)

I know in our office, we don't even stock 622s anymore. Or the original 722s for that matter. We only have 722ks. If a work order says 622, guess what? They're getting a 722k. Customer has a bad 622? They get a 722k.

I know in our office, we don't even stock 622s anymore. Or the original 722s for that matter. We only have 722ks. If a work order says 622, guess what? They're getting a 722k. Customer has a bad 622? They get a 722k.
I went back to the online chat again, and this time got a much friendlier agent, who got me straightened out so that the work order said 722. He was great and extremely helpful. I will be getting the receiver tomorrow morning! I guess if I am lucky, I will get the 722k!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)