how about this

Win Theone

Original poster
Jun 14, 2009
Texas
have been with DishNetwork for several years

customer service was pitiful (at best)

from an absolutely INEPT installer ..... five returns to my residence in first two weeks and reception got no better

to inability of CSR on the phone to comprehend that I NEVER wanted this goofball back in my home ---- kept sending him on every call

just gave up and lived with less than stellar performance, but even then it was better than the cable with which we'd put up with for a couple of decades

a couple of months ago we decided to go HD as we now have four HD tv sets in the house

explored all options available to obtain HD ---- E*/D*/cable

reluctantly decided to upgrade with Dish as the goofball was out of business (small rural town) and there was no danger of him returning for the upgrade

NOW COMES THE HOW ABOUT THIS STORY

called Dish

got a reasonable CSR who offered to basically duplicate what we had in SD to HD (two 522s with gold250) to a 722 (free swap) and a 622 (hundred buck fee) with ten dollar per month HD upgrade 250gold .... oh yeah ... two bucks for the HD receivers

recalled all too well the performance of Dish on following directions before I decided to use the CHAT function online and copy the resulting converstation to notepad for record keeping

well .... got a fab CSR who, after pulling my account said that she could/would swap us a PAIR of 722s at no additional fee for our pair of 522s .....
I asked (and got in writing --- mind that I was copying the transaction) for her to repeat that there would be a swap .. NO add charges for the second 722 and that BOTH receivers would be 722s

yep ... got it

so I gave her all the info she requested for the upgrade
and
she even got the installation scheduled for the VERY NEXT DAY

wow

ok ... contract installer (proved to be a GREAT guy from a town 50 miles distant) arrives and has a work order showing a SINGLE 622 swap ... OH $hit

I explain to him the deal from the CSR the day before and he politely says that he'll see what he can do

he's on the phone for ten-fifteen minutes and turns to me and says that it'll be a doable deal (as he has a couple of 622s with him) but that it will cost me a hundred bucks to Dish

I tell him to hold on to the phone with the CSR .... I go to the nearby computer and pull up my saved document on notepad of the entire conversation concerning the pair of FREE 722s etc

he reads it to the CSR ... takes a goodly ten minutes and hangs up

he says that here is what he can do

solution 1 --- install the single free 622 then and return tomorrow with a free 722

solution 2 --- reschedule and get Dish to supply the free pair of 722s

he grins and says he gently suggests that I go with solution 2 and get the 722s

ok ... that is what we'll go with I tell him

he gets back on the phone and tells the CSR that I've been very understanding and polite ----- THEN he asks IF the CSR can get me some reward .... CSR gives me five bucks off for five months .... HEY .... AND he gets an installation scheduled for the NEXT DAY

he leaves and I'm feeling pretty good in spite of the delay

ok ..... next day and a DISH employee installer arrives .... first call of the day and he has come from yet another town which is 90 miles distant

I guess he knows nothing of the previous encounter the day before BUT I do ask if he has a pair of free 722s ... he replies that he does

he gets to work

swaps out each receiver
swaps out some of the co-ax (goofball had used ALL rg59 and replaced little of the nearly 30 year old cable wiring)

gets on the roof ==== danged steep pitched one at that === installs new dish

btw --- I had replaced some of the 59 with 60 when I sent signal to a lot of the rooms and yes, I know that I can only have HD to two tv even with the 722s but I mirror the two allowed HDs to two more HDs in other parts of the house

comes back down and comes into the house to activate receivers ... explain operation of remotes, etc

whoops ..... ONE 722 won't boot and hold signal ... back onto the roof, back into the house ... swaps the 722s and the faulty one still won't boot properly

now this has taken close to four hours and in Texas it is relatively warm by noontime ontop of the house
he tells me that he has no other 722s on his truck
now ==== recall he is 90 miles from his workbase and his radio is out of range ...

I ask about phone or if I can help or what .... he says it's about time for lunch and he'll see what he can do ..

he leaves

less than two hours later he comes back with a NEW 722

called another of his repair buddies and had him head in our direction with a 722 and they met about halfway

now THAT IS GOING BEYOND NORMAL
that is great attitude and performance

so ....
I'm impressed and pleased and it's gonna be hard to shake that belief in Dish

HOW ABOUT THAT

I just re-read my above post and found an error ...
I was stunned by the credit the contract installer asked for an got for me that I misposted ..
it was TEN bucks per month for five months ..... lol

A company is only as good as it's people. Most of the people at Dish are aces from my experience. I find that respectful exchanges of ideas and expectations between a customer and a company usually yield great results. Good for you!
:up

Glad to hear that some techs do believe in real old-fashioned customer service. :up to both of your installers for giving that little extra to please/satisfy a customer.

I also recently had an outstanding service experience with Dish, which was 180 degrees different than a couple of nightmare installations a couple of years ago. I posted here about it then so I won't repeat the details but hopefully this is a trend. Glad they treated you right---good thing you had that copy of your conversation though.

Ed

Great ending OP!

"A company is only as good as it's people."
HOW TRUE Fiachra!
If more companies understood this our species would be much further along. Unfortunately the OP's original installer is in the majority.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)