Slingbox Classic on TV2

mrschwarz

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 17, 2004
Ok. I had been waiting for a long time to get a way to control TV2 with a Slingbox. I waited so long that when I got an HD TV and Dish 722 last year, I kept my Dish 522 so I could watch it when I travel (quite often for the past few years).

I have 2 video inputs to my Slingbox Classic and I am using the composite input for the 722, so the 522 got the coax connection. Since the RF out of TV1 is mono, listening to XM/Sirius over the Sling was less than optimum.

Imagine my delight when the Dish TV2 infrared adapter came out. Finally, I could control TV2 (and its stereo RF output) with the Slingbox!

When I connect the Slingbox to the TV2 RF output, I cannot see any video. I know it works because I can tune into it with a TV to view it. When trying to configure it, I tell the Sling software that I am tuned to channel 65, but it doesn't ask if it's over the air or cable channel 65.

I cannot successfully connect the Slingbox to the UHF RF output of the receiver. Does anyone have any experience with this? Can you offer any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Do I understand you have a Slingbox with an NTSC tuner which works with other sources, and a Dish VIP722 whose RF output works on other TVs, but the two (Singbox and RF out of 722) does not?

Do I understand you have a Slingbox with an NTSC tuner which works with other sources, and a Dish VIP722 whose RF output works on other TVs, but the two (Singbox and RF out of 722) does not?

You are correct. To further clarify, the only RF sources that I have proven it works with are both VHF outputs on channel 4. I have never tried a UHF RF source. I have also tried it with a separate UHF RF converter I had from Radio Shack, which didn't work either, although I tested it with a TV and it did work.

OK, I think I've got it now. You know your Slingbox works on RF channel 4. But Dish's TV2 RF output does not allow channel 4. So TV2 output is set on channel 65, and that is what is not seen on the Slingbox.

I had one similar experience; an old Sylvania CRT TV that stopped tuning most UHF channels. I solved that problem by taking it to the dump. :(

OK, I think I've got it now. You know your Slingbox works on RF channel 4. But Dish's TV2 RF output does not allow channel 4. So TV2 output is set on channel 65, and that is what is not seen on the Slingbox.

I had one similar experience; an old Sylvania CRT TV that stopped tuning most UHF channels. I solved that problem by taking it to the dump. :(

So this isn't a setup issue? I need to throw the Slingbox away?

So this isn't a setup issue? I need to throw the Slingbox away?
No, no! I'm sorry for the implication. I meant only that I have experienced this issue on TV2 with an expendable TV and I "fixed" it that way. I was hoping that somebody else with more experience with the issue than I have can come up with a better suggestion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)