$100 for an HDMI cable?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Briguy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 5, 2004
Any good reason why I should drop that kind of money? Any input as to the brand of cable I should go with? Your help is appreciated as I am scheduled to get my 622 installed next Friday and I need to pick up some cables. Thanks!

monoprice.com rocks!:) I bought the hdmi and component cables to go between my 622, onkyo htib, oppo 971,xbox, and panny dvd recorder and Panny PT-AE900 projector and everything was inexpensive and works great. Also got monoprice's 5 in 1 out hdmi switch and everything works flawlessly. The shipping time and customer service were outstanding. Highly recommended. BTW No I don't work for them:D

BB468 Chris

I also agree, monoprice.com is the best! Got my HDMI cables from them and am very happy. I recommend standard shipping; I ordered on a Friday and received cables on Monday.

jdmart said:
I also agree, monoprice.com is the best! Got my HDMI cables from them and am very happy. I recommend standard shipping; I ordered on a Friday and received cables on Monday.

Fleabay.. $5.00 shipped, works just fine :D

Just have to add that I too would suggest Monoprice. I got two cables form them (DVI-HDMI) and they work great!

Assumption here but I suppose my Sony KDF- E42A10 would take a straight HDMI cable but because my Yamaha reciever is about 5 years old I would still need to take RCA cables from the 622 to the Yamaha for audio right? Same goes for my cheap DVD player, RCA cables from the DVD to the TV and Yamaha.

Monoprice.com is super. They are based in Rancho Cucamonga and will allow you to drive by and pick up your order if you live in the neighborhood.

They've got all kinds of cables and adapter thingies.

$100? Looks like you may have been looking at "Monster" cables.

Somoene may argue me here, but for short cables and such, I see absolutely no reason to spend that much on a cable.

For example, a 4 foot cable, I doubt unoxidized, special copper with atoms running in certain ways, blah blah, will yeild no real advantage.

And the people at the elctronic store ( not all of them, but most ) will do anything to sell you the high priced cable.

I went looking for a optical cable for my home entertainment system, and the guy would swear on his mothers life the $70 dollar one would sound better than the $14 one. Even after I explained with digital, it's there or it isn't, he told me I was misinformed.

I bought a 23 foot hdmi -> dvi cable from bluejeanscable for like $96 I think. Working fine for me. I've heard great things about monoprice as well.

I just received (4) 3' component cables, (4) 3' optical cables and (1) 6' optical cable in 3 days for $49 total including shipping from Monoprice. All good quality and working fine. This is my second order.

The same type and quantity of cables at BestBuy was a minimum of $195 plus tax. That's 4 times as much for their cheapest cables. We won't even talk about Monster equivalents.

I saw a Monster HDMI to DVI 8' cable at BestBuy for $150 and the HDMI to DVI adaptor was $33!! Outrageous!

I highly recommend Monoprice. My eyes and ears can't tell the difference.

But back to my last post since I am a novice at this my Sony KDF- E42A10 would take a straight HDMI male to male cable but because my Yamaha reciever is about 5 years old I would still need to take RCA cables from the 622 to the Yamaha for audio?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts