1000.2 Aiming Problem

I can put a super buddy on any of the 3 ports, toggle and read 110, 119, & 129 regardless of port.
Yea, I can to with my cheap little acutrac22, but the OP is NOT using a Super Buddy, and there is no reason for someone who is not a installer to spend 700 bucks on a meter. With practice and a little skill the cheap meters work just fine.
Can a super buddy read two signals at once? One thing I like with my POS acutrac22

Yea, I can to with my cheap little acutrac22, but the OP is NOT using a Super Buddy, and there is no reason for someone who is not a installer to spend 700 bucks on a meter. With practice and a little skill the cheap meters work just fine.
Can a super buddy read two signals at once? One thing I like with my POS acutrac22

No, super buddy can only read 1 sat at a time. I've wore out a couple of digisats during the super dish days. On the original wild blue systems I used an analog meter. With hughes jupiter we don't even use a meter, just an app on a smart phone connected via wifi back to the modem. My point was in my previous comment that any of the 3 ports will work for any sat with any meter.

On a service call the other day I lost confidence in the point dish screen. I rarely go there to check signal. The problem was a bad wire between the pole mounted dish and house. After the work was done I go back to the 722 to check signal on the point dish screen after a power reboot....nada. I knew it was all good so I just exited out of all menus and it started quickly acquiring signal. Only after the guide was fully downloaded and live tv was I able to see signal on the point dish screen.

This got me to thinking about this thread. No I wouldn't spend money on a super buddy for a tail gate dish unless you got money to burn. Analog meters are cheap and they work, I carry 1 as a backup. The best and worst thing about analog meters is the attenuation dial. They can dial in a dish as good as anything out there. The trick is learning to use the dial. I always tried to keep the needle in the middle which requires frequent minor adjustments while tuning the dish.

I know I said earlier to get rid of the foil. However for a beginner this may be helpful and after some practice do away with altogether. Using foil will increase the chances of hitting the targeted bird by eliminating false readings from the adjacent birds.

We'll use 119 since we're dealing with a 1000.2 dish. 119 is in the middle of the 3 and if it can be tuned in good the chances of the other 2 being there are likely.

Block off the 2 outside lnb's with foil leaving the middle open and free of obstructions. You can use any of the 3 sat ports to connect to, the only 1 that won't work is the input port. With your meter inline, a plumb mount, correct dish settings for your area and the dish pointed in the general direction of sats. You're ready to tune.

Assuming the winegard meter is analog make fine adjustments to keep the needle in the middle while slowly moving your dish east to west. If nothing is found adjust your elevation 1 degree in either direction and do it again.

Once found and you got your dish locked down. Remove foil, take meter out of line, power cycle receiver and let receiver go straight to the main acquiring signal screen. No need for check switch test as you already have it setup with the matrix all green. If you did this right, anything over 1 signal bar is a good sign. Once you got live tv you can verify signal on the point dish screen for all 3 sats.

With the check switch screen showing a good matrix with all green there is no need to rerun it every time you set your dish up. Running it is worse than watching paint dry, you can always check your signal manually after the fact.

We hope you haven't given up, we're determined to help. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)