1000.2 Aiming Problem

image.jpeg
It just finished performing a test and here is what's on the screen now.

Take that receiver to your house, hook it up and run a check switch. Bring it back out to your tailgate and go to the point dish screen and put it on 119 transponder 7 and see if you can find signal that way.

Take that receiver to your house, hook it up and run a check switch. Bring it back out to your tailgate and go to the point dish screen and put it on 119 transponder 7 and see if you can find signal that way.
Stardust3- it ran the check switch test and now it's acquiring signal.

image.jpeg

Now it's downloading the Program Guide - this is in my home.

Yep, I've got all of my channels. I think the receiver is good.

Now I'll take it outside and follow your steps

Reactions: stardust3
Don't run check switch anymore at this point now that you've got a good matrix with all green.

Don't run check switch anymore at this point now that you've got a good matrix with all green.
image.jpg

I went straight to the Point Dish screen and then started slowly turning my dish. I'm using the skew and elevation from dishpointer.com. Not getting anything on the signal strength meter. I do not have the winegard satellite finder hooked up. What now?

Ok if you can access your dish at the house. Look and see what the elevation and skew is set at, use those same settings on the tailgate dish. Also if you got any foil on the lnb get rid of it.

That lnb also has 4 ports, 1 of them is an input. Need to make sure your not hooked to that port as well.

Ok if you can access your dish at the house. Look and see what the elevation and skew is set at, use those same settings on the tailgate dish.
elevation is 34 and I was at 36. Still nothing but it's probably just me. Im probably moving to quickly for the signal meter on the screen.

elevation is 34 and I was at 36. Still nothing but it's probably just me. Im probably moving to quickly for the signal meter on the screen.

I edited my post to add more info, take another gander.

Ok if you can access your dish at the house. Look and see what the elevation and skew is set at, use those same settings on the tailgate dish. Also if you got any foil on the lnb get rid of it.

That lnb also has 4 ports, 1 of them is an input. Need to make sure your not hooked to that port as well.
Yep, it's on number 1 just like it was 2 weeks ago when it was working.

Just take it real slow, there is definitely a delay in the screen responding.

You can hook up that meter as well while your watching the point dish screen. The 2 of them in combination just might be the ticket.

Just take it real slow, there is definitely a delay in the screen responding.
Sounds good. I'll give it another shot tomorrow. It's late here so I'm going to call it a night.

I really do appreciate all of your help. I'll jump back on here tomorrow to let you know how it went.

Can't believe how frustrating this has been especially based upon how easy it was 2 weeks ago. Any chance you know a Dishnetwork tech here in Missoula, or how to get ahold of one to come out to my house to help if I keep having problems?

Any other suggestions?

Sounds good. I'll give it another shot tomorrow. It's late here so I'm going to call it a night.

I really do appreciate all of your help. I'll jump back on here tomorrow to let you know how it went.

Can't believe how frustrating this has been especially based upon how easy it was 2 weeks ago. Any chance you know a Dishnetwork tech here in Missoula, or how to get ahold of one to come out to my house to help if I keep having problems?

Any other suggestions?

Sorry I don't. You can do this, I have no doubt in my mind. Sometimes just walking away and coming back makes all the difference in the world. You can send me a message if you like. I'll help any way I can. Once you do it a few times it will be a piece of cake.

Sorry I was offline but it looks like you received good advise. Try this take your tripod and set it up and make sure it is vertical. Check it with a leveler then install your dish and verify it did not change. Then apply the steps in the previous post

Here is what I find interesting - if I have the signal finder hooked up, level and plumb, set the elevation, skew and find the azimuth - get everything set - I'm pretty sure that I've found the satellite signal by the indication on the signal finder (the sound changes and the needle increases) but I get nothing on the signal meter on the screen. It's like everything is working, just not together. I know the receiver is working properly, the LNB's aren't damaged and I've used different pieces of coaxial. I'm pretty sure that I'm doing everything correctly and I'm receiving a signal, but I don't have a frame of reference other than videos on the www. For instance, I've watched the guy set up a portable system on dish4myrv.com and I'm following his instruction, I even get the signal on my satellite finder but nothing on the signal meter on screen. It's got to be something that I'm missing. It's like the signal is there but the receiver doesn't recognize it??

Can you offer a picture of the elevation scale as it is currently set up? Elevation is the most frequently flubbed setting as many fail to read the scale correctly.

If you're using an <$30 aiming tool, you need to keep adjusting the gain/attenuation as you home in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts