1000.2 and 722 connections

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

nicknjen

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 7, 2011
Mid Michigan
I am thinking of getting dish network now that my DSR-410 has totaly died and I don't want to spend the money to get a new "used" box. I would like to know how to connect it with the stuff I have already. I have a 1000.2 dish already installed on the house (was there when I moved in) with the W bracket. In my pile of satellite stuff I have some Legacy lnbs that have the two outputs on them that slide right into the W bracket. I am going to buy outright a 722 HD receiver. Now my question is how do I connect this receiver to the LNB's. I have seen post where I need a DPP44 switch, a DP33 switch, some with SW21 legacy switches. I have a DPP44 (but missing the power inserter) and some SW21's in my box of goodies. So can I make this all work together? Second question, do I have to have a phone line or internet to get Dish or do I have to pay some sort of fee if I don't have either at home? Any help would be greatly appericated!

I can answer the 2nd question, at least. No, there is no extra fee for not having a phone line connected or internet connection...there used to be, but not anymore.

If you have a 722 connected to port number "1" on the 44 switch, you shouldn't need a power inserter, the 722 will power the switch

If you have a 1000.2 dish and only installing the 722, you need no switches, but you need a 1002.2 LNB. Then you could run one line to the receiver and diplex to a second TV, or run 2 lines to receiver and connect tv2 directly off receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts