1000.2 and 722 connections

nicknjen

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 7, 2011
Mid Michigan
I am thinking of getting dish network now that my DSR-410 has totaly died and I don't want to spend the money to get a new "used" box. I would like to know how to connect it with the stuff I have already. I have a 1000.2 dish already installed on the house (was there when I moved in) with the W bracket. In my pile of satellite stuff I have some Legacy lnbs that have the two outputs on them that slide right into the W bracket. I am going to buy outright a 722 HD receiver. Now my question is how do I connect this receiver to the LNB's. I have seen post where I need a DPP44 switch, a DP33 switch, some with SW21 legacy switches. I have a DPP44 (but missing the power inserter) and some SW21's in my box of goodies. So can I make this all work together? Second question, do I have to have a phone line or internet to get Dish or do I have to pay some sort of fee if I don't have either at home? Any help would be greatly appericated!

I can answer the 2nd question, at least. No, there is no extra fee for not having a phone line connected or internet connection...there used to be, but not anymore.

If you have a 722 connected to port number "1" on the 44 switch, you shouldn't need a power inserter, the 722 will power the switch

If you have a 1000.2 dish and only installing the 722, you need no switches, but you need a 1002.2 LNB. Then you could run one line to the receiver and diplex to a second TV, or run 2 lines to receiver and connect tv2 directly off receiver.