1000.2 and DPP44 hookup confusion

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

JackieJo509

Original poster
Nov 19, 2016
Washington
We are trying to set up a DISH 1000.2 w/DPP44 switch. We are only trying to run 1 receiver off the setup, the VIP211K (HD).

We aren't having any luck with getting any channels. The only way we can watch TV, is through satellite 110, And we can only find that satellite, by being hooked to the middle LNB, (which we thought was supposed to be 119 from all the illustrations), and that is only if we bypass the DPP44 switch, and run straight into the back of receiver. When we are hooked to the DPP44, we get nothing. We have tried this with 2 different DPP44 switches, and 2 different LNB heads, and 2 different DISH HD 1000.2. Same end result.

If we try to hook up to the switch, with any of the 2 combo's pictured below, we get nothing. What are we doing wrong. From the illustrations, it shows 129, 119 and 110 when looking at the eyes. From what I read, people are saying the order is 119, 110, and 129. (left to right) 119 hooked to port 1, 110 port 2, and 129 port 3. Where are the 119, 110, and 129 supposed to be from left to right, when looking at the eyes as pictured?
(the illustration shows them as follows, 129, 119, & 110)
Is this correct.jpg

We have been at this for 2 weeks, very flustered. Any help is appreciated.
I hope I can get these photos loaded correctly. Thanks in advance.
Is this correct 2.jpg

If you only have one receiver I don't see the need for the switch at all. Simply attach the coax going to the 211K to the leftmost port on the LNB. The 1000.2 has a built in switch.

ES175338_1_zoom.jpg

Reactions: TheKrell and HIFI
Agreed. The external switch for your install is not needed. Simplify and just connect to LNBF. However, it sounds like you may be having a problem properly peaking. Peaking can be as much an ART as it is a science using even the best tools. You are supposed to peak to 119 and all the others (sat positions) should fall in place. Since you already have the equipment, you could hire a local retailer to properly mount (also very important to getting signals) and peak your reflector. Yes, it will cost money, but at least you would get TV right away. Understand, the slightest movement or off by just a mere touch can mean not receiving sat signals, especially with these multiple sat reflectors and LNBF's. Let us know what you do and how it turns out. I've seen experienced installers sometimes have a hard time getting it just right even using a BIRDOG or other expensive equipment, so don't hate yourself.

LIKE THIS.jpg
Ok, so after hooking the RG6 cable to the far left nipple, and directly to the back of the 211K HD receiver, how do I find all 3 satellites? Which Satellite do I find first, 119, on transponder 11? Here is my new illustration. Is this correct? And thanks Bobby. I guess I will have some DPP44's and power inserters for sale!

Run a check switch on your receiver, it should pick up all 3 satellites. If it doesn't then you'll need to realign your dish or you have a defective lnb.

Ok, everything worked like a charm. I went to dishfinder.com, choose 1000.2 to find the correct elevation, etc... hooked directly to the receiver, found 119, (transponder 11) ran a check switch, and all 3 satellites popped on the screen, all OK, have all channels. Whew, again, Thanks so much for clearing that up!!!

Reactions: TheKrell and bspei

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts