1000.2 DP 34 DPP triple

Martese

Original poster
May 11, 2009
Illinois
I swear I have looked through everything on the web and im getting misleading info. Hey guys and gals I am trying to install a DP34 onto a dish 1000.2 with a DPP triple. This DPP triple has four seperate inputs 1,2,3, LNB in. I have a VIP 722 dvr with one regular stb on the system and all i want to do is add another stb to the system. After pluggin coaxial into the 3 and LNB in ports i lose signal instantly Im sure theres a good reason but i cant seem to figure it out even the guys from dish network said to go to LNB in but no go. So heres a rundown I have a 1000.2 with a DP34 that isnt installed with a dish network seperator. Can anybody shed some lite on my situation it would be so greatly appreciated.

Sorry if this a newbie question but im trying i swear it just need a little push

Thanks again in advance

What's a DDD-44? (assume you meant DPP44, but not needed here)

For this setup, no external switch is needed at all. Martese, the 1000.2's 4 ports are 3 receiver outputs and 1 LNB input for another dish. The LNB IN can not be used as an OUT. The Separator can not be used with the DP34 because that isn't a DishPro Plus switch.

Remove the DP34. Run just one output to the Separator then to the 2 inputs in the 722. The other line will go to the 2nd STB, and a new 3rd line to the new receiver.

What's a DDD-44? (assume you meant DPP44, but not needed here)

For this setup, no external switch is needed at all. .
not only is a switch not needed, it won't work (at least not for long)

::::::::TO THE OP:::::::
What you need to do is trouble shoot the ports on your LNB. plug your new STB into the 1 port, run a check switch,
then port 2, then port 3. Make sure you are doing this with a dummy line ( one solid line *RG6* directly from the LNB to the STB)

You might have a bad port on your 1000.2 LNB.

Well i got it working I tested all the LNB's they came back fine with the check switch so i was still a little stumped:confused: But when i plugged everything back up and ran the rg6 to the third input and did a check switch it was all working :) i was very very satisfied with that. But if not for you guys help it would have taking me a while to figure that out. Again thanks for the help:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts