1000.2 Input

Wow...um. Now that's a darned good question. And I catch where you're going with that. Five orbitals with a DPP Twins/D1000.2

I may have to try connecting things tomorrow to find out (too dark, icy, and snowy right now)

Wow...um. Now that's a darned good question. And I catch where you're going with that. Five orbitals with a DPP Twins/D1000.2

I may have to try connecting things tomorrow to find out (too dark, icy, and snowy right now)

I'm still working on a solution for the "New Service" as discussed in the Pub. I was just thinking of trying to have the new and keep the old service at the same time. If I just knew if I needed a Twin or just a Dual.
Me thinks, that the DP PLUS Twin will act as a switch and confuse the Triple, that has a switch too. The DP PLUS Twin has also an input. Maybe a regular DP Twin is the way to go.

Ralfyguy,

If I understand the literature from the DPP Twin, connecting it to a switch such as a DPP44 deactivates the DPP Twin's input port, and I think it said it locks the outputs to Sat 1 and Sat 2 for use with the extra switch. I know that my DP Twin requires 2 coax to my DPP44 and for all intents and purposes acts as 2 duals. But I'd love to find out what it actually does.

Miner

I think a DP Twin won't work, as I think it's nothing but two DP singles in one housing. Now if on the DPP Twin the input port gets disabled, that's fine. I just wonder if the 1000.2 input acts like a DPP44 switch, and like you said locks the out ports of the DPP Twin to each sat location seperate, and thus only one port is usable. Then it won't make sense to use it, and a DP Dual would do the work. This would eliminate the plan to see five sat locations using the 1000.2, and the whole thing would require at least two additional switches. That would get rather expensive and alot of wiring involved.

Will a DP PLUS Twin work with the 1000.2 Triple LNBF input, or does it have to be a DP Dual? Or even a DP Twin?

DPP Twin will not work, the 1000.2 input will only reconize 1 sat. Need a DP dual on one side of the Y bracket, change the skew to 90, and happy pointing!:)

Don't know about the DP twin, I don't have that much time on my hands to play with that configuration:cool: But it may be possible.......

DPP Twin will not work, the 1000.2 input will only reconize 1 sat. Need a DP dual on one side of the Y bracket, change the skew to 90, and happy pointing!:)

Don't know about the DP twin, I don't have that much time on my hands to play with that configuration:cool: But it may be possible.......

If the DP Twin requires two cable runs, then it won't work either.

this has been discussed on several threads but never resolved, can a Dish Pro Plus Twin LNB connect to the 1000.2 LNB input to recieve 1 more orbital position?

I do believe that a DPP Triple or even a DPP Twin do not pass DISEQC commands up through the LNB INPUT. So, absent of any DISEQC command, the DP or DPP Twin will just feed the default satellite that is assigned to Port 1 internally in the Twin.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)