1000.2 outside but 500/SuperDish inside??

dache

Original poster
Feb 13, 2008
I've been having a lot of quality issues with Dish lately, and I'm tempted to just start over after a horrible install job.

I've been reading these forums for a bit, and decided to check out what my "Point Dish" screen said for the system that I have.

I have a 622 and a 722 receiver with HD programing (which I get, but with very poor quality).

Are the receivers supposed to show that I have 1000 system in the "Point Dish" screens? Right now, the only options are "Super, 500, 300".

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Go to Menu>6>8 and make sure your boxes are set to 1080i. If you want to get your signal up a bit for your HD channels, put your receiver on 129 satellite on a transponder like #30. Go outside and tweak the dish. This is most easily done with a set of baby monitors monitoring the box's audio or a partner on the phone by the box and you with a phone. Tiny adjustments, just a hair at a time.

answer to the original question:

The "Check Switch" results screen will show you the connected equipment (LNBFs and switches) that is detected.

The "Point Dish" screen only supports 300, 500 and superdish for calculating install angles based on zipcode. For some reason they haven't bothered to update that as new dish types became available.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)