1000.2 WA antenna issue

jpmarto

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 26, 2007
E. of Seattle
I thought I understood the 1000.2 antenna, but I clearly don't. I have two hoppers with a duo node. The check antenna showed 119 - 110 - 129. In anticipation of snow and ice, I took the (poorly aimed and drifting) working antenna and relocated it from an inconvenient roof mount to a ground pole mount. After relocating I get 110 - XCONN - 119. I used 3 new wires from the node to the LNBs, so I may have gotten them out of order. It is possible that I misjudged the angle and that 129 could be blocked by a tree. If I use the point dish page and go on 129, I get "wrong satellite" and show 110 transponders. The detail screens says the 2nd port is connected, no signal. I'm confused why the 119 would move from "2" to "3" if the 129 sat. was not being received. Before I dig another hole and mix a bag of concrete, could someone please tell me if the "XCONN" status means no signal, or could I have a wiring, node, or LNB issue.

Thanks!

Sounds as if you are pointed too far east, hiitting 101-110-119. Try a check switch first to make sure things are good. I also like to cover the middle and right eyes with aluminum foil to make sure aiming is done on the correct eye for srarters.

Miner

Thanks for the responses. My mounting pole is perfectly vertical. I should add that I'm at 98237 zip, and the antenna azimuth is 159 magnetic, based on a marine sighting compass. I would think that would eliminate the possibility of wrong satellites. The elevation is close to 34 degrees, and the skew is at 88 degrees or so, which looks really parallel to the horizon. What has me confused is why the middle LNB is missing on the status screen. Is that normal behavior if 129 is missing? It's really tough to troubleshoot without spare LNBs or duo nodes. So, does check switch check that the LNB is connected, or that it is receiving a useable signal?

Last edited:
To close out the thread for future search hits, both YourHero101 and Miner were correct. Satellite needed to be moved west, and as it turns out, the elevation needed to be 38 instead of the 34 indicated by dishpointer (I'm guessing their numbers are correct and my hardware was off). Not sure why, the pole is perfectly vertical. My 129 signals are low, so, I am probably right on the edge of the distant tree. It is much harder to work with a 1000.2 than the 500 & separate 129 with a DPP44. Without a satellite meter it's almost impossible for the inexperienced.

Distant tree. You are probably shooting over it as you are not going 90 degrees out from the dish, you are verticle from that due to the angle of the lnb's to the dish. It is a 90 from the lnb to the dish and out to space.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts