Replacing the Remote Contol

Tecmo SB Guy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 23, 2007
Yeah I don't know what happened exactly but over the past few weeks the buttons on one of my remote controls for my 722K have gotten harder and harder to press. It's become a PITA.

It's the IR remote for TV1.

How much does it cost to replace the remote if you have the protection plan?

You can just call Dish and they will send you a new remote if you have the protection plan.

Yep otherwise it is a fee to get it and a fee for shipping. Can't tell you how many times I show up at homes for upgrades and service calls and they ask if I have a new remote thinking we carry these things in buckets or huge bags with us and they are free. I refer them to dish and remind them they must have the protection plan to get them free and shipped free otherwise it is a fee either way.

Yep otherwise it is a fee to get it and a fee for shipping. Can't tell you how many times I show up at homes for upgrades and service calls and they ask if I have a new remote thinking we carry these things in buckets or huge bags with us and they are free. I refer them to dish and remind them they must have the protection plan to get them free and shipped free otherwise it is a fee either way.

I get the same thing when I do a trouble call.

The ones that just dont get it are the ones who ask for extra switches or lnb's incase their system goes down.

Don't they get it that we have to pay for this stuff if it's not part of an upgrade or for a new install

Please feel free to send me a PM if you need help getting a new remote. Thanks!

When I originally started the thread, there was nobody on from DIRT but later MikeH came on and helped me but thanks anyways, Matt. :)

I saw my local Best Buy was selling Dish remotes for about $20. I'm glad I asked here first before I went and bought that.

I wonder how much shipping and the remote would cost me if I didn't have the protection plan.

When I originally started the thread, there was nobody on from DIRT but later MikeH came on and helped me but thanks anyways, Matt. :)

I saw my local Best Buy was selling Dish remotes for about $20. I'm glad I asked here first before I went and bought that.

I wonder how much shipping and the remote would cost me if I didn't have the protection plan.

$20

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)