1000.4 dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ashutto20

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 6, 2008
United States
Asked about the new hd last night and was told that I would have to have a tech come out and put up the 1000.4 dish...im in the charlotte area and i have 2 sats on my roof now 61.5 and 110/118/and one more number...would he be able to get rid of the 2 sats on my roof and just use the 1000.4 and is that a good dish and would i need any new equipment...have a 622 and a 211 right now...

Would have to pay the 6 bucks for the dhhp and then the 15 bucks for the tech so i wasnt sure if this is worth all the trouble...i know this is the best place to come for help

Thanks in advance

I live in the Charlotte DMA & use ONLY a 1000.4. If you subscribe to international programming on 118, you will have to retain that dish, otherwise the one 1000.4 is all that you need.

I live in the Charlotte DMA & use ONLY a 1000.4. If you subscribe to international programming on 118, you will have to retain that dish, otherwise the one 1000.4 is all that you need.

Charlotte HD locals use to be on 118.7 so that might be why he has it

Thanks everyone...I may just upgrade then to the 1000.4...what will they do with my 2 dishes i have now...and I wont lose any channels will I???Ill sill have all the channels i subscribe to??? no worries dont subscribe to international channels...Im guessin this is the best option then to switch out dishes???

Thanks again everyone!!!

Thanks everyone...I may just upgrade then to the 1000.4...what will they do with my 2 dishes i have now...and I wont lose any channels will I???Ill sill have all the channels i subscribe to??? no worries dont subscribe to international channels...Im guessin this is the best option then to switch out dishes???

Thanks again everyone!!!

When I was upgraded to the 1000.4 I had two dishes and they took the two electronics parts and took the dishes down and I out them in the garbage.

Installers just set me up with a 1000.4. They left just minutes ago.

As I posted in the 2/10 uplink thread, I don't have the DHPP and my upgrade was free. I now have the new HD channels.

Folks, did you hear me? FREE!

As far as the old dishes go, they left them here along with the LNB's. The new dish is on a temporary mount in the yard as there was snow up on the roof where the old 500 and 300 are.

They did leave a very long antenna run so my options on where the dish will permanently go vary widely. They even gave me an extra wire for an additional antenna as the cables come in pairs. My DDP44 switch supports another satellite input. I wonder if there is anything I could do with my 300 antenna. The 500 will come down when the snow is gone.

Installers just set me up with a 1000.4. They left just minutes ago.

As I posted in the 2/10 uplink thread, I don't have the DHPP and my upgrade was free. I now have the new HD channels.

Folks, did you hear me? FREE!

As far as the old dishes go, they left them here along with the LNB's. The new dish is on a temporary mount in the yard as there was snow up on the roof where the old 500 and 300 are.

They did leave a very long antenna run so my options on where the dish will permanently go vary widely. They even gave me an extra wire for an additional antenna as the cables come in pairs. My DDP44 switch supports another satellite input. I wonder if there is anything I could do with my 300 antenna. The 500 will come down when the snow is gone.

Are your local channels from Albany, NY?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)