1000.4 EA and 222K setup questions/assistance

gladesteen

Original poster
Nov 28, 2009
ga
Hello gurus!

I have my new 1000.4 EA properly mounted and peaked on 72.7, but i cannot get any check switch activity or see any signa barsl at all.

Have used dishpointer and a satfinder signaller to get good lock on 72.7.

My question is, can i only run ONE RG cable from the 72.7 LNB to my receiver (222K is sole receiver in house) or do i need to run one from 72.7 and another from 61.5. If i have to run two cables, how can i combine them to run one single line to the receiver (simple splitter good?). I was told the 1000.4 has its own LNB switch built in. That is why i'm using only one run to the 222K. At the receiver it splits out using the supplied DISH cabling.

Also, in the 222K setup screen it only lists Dish 300, 500 and Superdish. No others. Do i need to worry about that?

I am in zipcode 03049 if that helps.

Thanks,
Mark

Dish receivers still don't have pointing for 1000.4 dishes, but sounds like you found what you needed from Dishpointer, I would now cover the two outside lnb's to make sure you are getting 72 on the proper lnb, once that one is in, uncover the outside lnbs and fine tune for 61.5 and 77. Once fine tuned, tighten all nuts and bolts and run check switch.

Thanks Gary,

Will checkswitch ONLY work when you are peaked and it can see traffic? I was assuming it was a simple switch check and not that elaborate.

I have the AZ , EL and SK all set......at least i think so. Will go home and cover the left and right LNB's (77 & 61.5) and make sure i'm still locked on 72.7.
If fact, we're going to bring the portable spectrum analyzer with us this time .......to be sure!

Thanks,
Mark

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)