1000.4 install issue

pixelman

Original poster
Oct 3, 2009
florida
I purchased a 1000.4 dish to use with my vip211 rcvr....I locked my signal on 72.5 using a birdog meter.....according to the instructions that came with the dish.. I have run several check switch's and each time only end up with 77w
and no conn with 72.5 or 61.5....any suggestions from any one?

Follow the instructions that came with the dish very carefully and use port 2 to aim your dish towards 72.7 sat. Use 19 or 21 transponder to peak it. The 1000.4 sat is a pain in the ass to install- in my opinion.

I don't know if you can even get 72.7 in San Diego ,Ca. Eastern arc is only intended for the eastern part of the country right down the middle of it . I would use western arc only if I were you. Although I have often thought it might be fun to use a 1000.2 sat dish with the 119 lnb covered with foil. Then use a larger side sat dish ,like a 30" sat dish, and point it towards 72.7 and plug it into the lnb port on the 1000.2 sat dish. Then you would have the best of eastern arc with western arc. I was thinking of doing this myself here in southeast Texas , because 61.5 and 77 sats aren't the most powerful in signal strength.

use port 3 and get 61.5, it is the easiest to peak, and if youhave it dead on, the other two will be there... i have set up about 6 of them, they havent given me any trouble at all.. the only meter i use is a el cheapo inline signal meter.. peak 61.5, and run a ceck switch..

jasper

I don't know if you can even get 72.7 in San Diego ,Ca. Eastern arc is only intended for the eastern part of the country right down the middle of it . I would use western arc only if I were you.

Until the new bird comes on line (~2 more weeks) we can't get 72.7 here in SD, but no LOS at my apt for the WA. I have 2 more months on my lease, don't yet want to move, but my next place (house or apt) LOS will get a bit more consideration.

Miner

use port 3 and get 61.5, it is the easiest to peak, and if youhave it dead on, the other two will be there... i have set up about 6 of them, they havent given me any trouble at all.. the only meter i use is a el cheapo inline signal meter.. peak 61.5, and run a ceck switch..

jasper

I am curious how that works. What kind of signals do you get just trying to peak on 61.5? I get mid to high 40s on 72.7 and 50s on 77 sat and 40-60s on 61.5 sats. I peaked on 72.7 like the instructions said to do on port 2 on the lnb. I get a high of 46 on 19 tp and 44 on 21tp on the 72.7 sat which the instructions say to peak it on. Believe it or not these are higher numbers than what I had the last time I had eastern arc dish set up.

thats interesting, cause i read the book the first time i did one, and it said to useport 3 for 61.5 to peak.. they must have rewritten the manual. peaking on 61.5 i usually get betweem 50 and 60..

your numbers fall into the same groups i have seen... 72 doesnt bring the #'s the other 2 bring, on the other hand, it seems to be very reliable..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)