1000.4 signal strength

davemich

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 8, 2006
SW Lower Michigan
What typical signal strength can be expected on this eastern arc dish? I am told that a bird dog is able to get 70's on 61.5 and then the 72 and 77 fall in line with 50's. Are any techs out there using the bird dog and getting these results?

That is about what I get on my eastern arc dish in southeast Texas. I get high 40s and low 50s on 72.2 sat and on 77 sat I get 50s . On 61.5 sat I get 60 - 70 strength. I suspect that when they replace the old sats with new ones the strength will go up . Especially if they use a strong sat like the one they put up in place of the old one at 110. That sat is strong on spotbeams and transponders.

It depends on the part of the country you are in on what signal strengths you get. There was a map at one time that showed the strengths of the satellites and what signal you could expect depending on where you live in the U.S. and I am within the correct signal strengths where I live in Texas. I can't remember where I saw it but I think it was on the echostar knowledge base website.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)