1000.4 Western Arc Dish Coming Soon

Suarez2k1

Original poster
Dec 14, 2010
Phoenix
Just giving you guys a heads up that we(on the western US) are gonna start installing the 1000.4 Western Arc Dish in place of the 1000.2 starting at the top of the year. I've been told by my trainer that there will be an increase of up to 10-15 points on the signal strength depending on the transponder. Southwest region is getting this dish and lnb first.

Yep been discussed a lot lately :p .

But thanks :) .

Didn't know that the southwest would get it first, though.

yeah, i'm new on this forum, but i do like it here...lots of info...just gonna help out where i can being a DNS tech. But, i did get this info about the 1000.4 this morning. We are "supposed" to get our first batch before the end of the year. Also....only roof(asphalt shingle) and block/brick wall installs are approved at this point for mounting options for it. nothing for the eaves or undereaves yet

yep same here (being a tech in the southwest). sure hope they approve angled-eave before the short mast rolls out. today in the ATM they asked if anybody had not done a 1k4 yet and there's still about 10 people that haven't yet. I just laughed to myself since I've done at least 60 more than anyone else in the office, and half the FSMs don't even know how to do it, but that's getting off topic. Besides the downside of the reflector size increase, going to all 1k4 will really help with van organization and signal strength.

I have 2 quick questions, this may sound dumb, but I just like a bit more information on these new 1000.4 dishes/lnb's.

Will the 1000 plus still be in use for the international 118K installs?

Will the western arc 1000.4 lnb be setup for 119, 110, and 129?

Last edited:
being a ea market guy they wont have under eave mounts for awhile they are alot heavier and need more support and yes after you get used to peaking these things thay are lot easier and you will get way more signal strength. I hate peaking 1k.2 but love the 1k.4! If you get a 500 plus then youll have 2 big ol Dishes mounted somewhere and that is a fun time

Talked with a Dish installer yesterday about this (said he actually worked for Dish and not a contractor). He said his office (Los Angeles area) already has the 1000.4 dishes in stock, and they are waiting until their supply of 1000.2 dishes are depleted before they start installing the 1000.4's. He also said that while the dish is larger it has a shorter focal length, and is not suited for Ku band FSS service (internationals on 118). A second dish will still be needed for internationals. Honestly though, with all the international channels available now on the internet or FTA satellite, I wonder how profitable that business really is anymore.

Will it use the same lnb as the eastern arc? Just thinking it would be nice to buy one and put in place now if so for the stronger signal.

It's a different LNB than the EA LNB (spacing). I think it would be smart of E* to manufacture an FSS LNB and dish just for the internationals, as opposed to having to use the current 119/118 on a plus dish. As far as profitability goes, international programming is a cash cow for E*.

I am DNS here in Sac. ca. we also are waiting to run out of 1k2's. the thing that sux about 1k4's is they must b strutted. I dont know about ur area but around here alot of stucco, and tile roof's. and stucco eve's. it just spells trouble for ur QC's

According to this guy, the struts are no longer needed. What's the correct install method?
They now have a mast out for the k.4. Same size as a 500 mast, but it is a thicker gauge metal, has a "W4" on the base of it, don't need struts either. Can't use a regular 500 mast, although some installers do use the old ones. It's an instant fail if it gets checked by Dish QAS.

Will it use the same lnb as the eastern arc? Just thinking it would be nice to buy one and put in place now if so for the stronger signal.

Saw one of the new 1000.4 WA LNB's in training this week. They look just like the 1000.2 LNB but are much bigger. Holding it next to the old 1k2, it looks huge!!!!!

I have 2 quick questions, this may sound dumb, but I just like a bit more information on these new 1000.4 dishes/lnb's.

Will the 1000 plus still be in use for the international 118K installs?

Will the western arc 1000.4 lnb be setup for 119, 110, and 129?

Don't know why nobody has answered you by now, but here's the info. The DualBand LNB can be used on the 1k4 dish, but signal is reduced, and thusly there will be two dishes still in use, the 1k4 (east and west) and the 500+ (1000+)

Western arc is still 119, 110, 129. It points with the same settings as the 1k2, but the larger size and fine-tune adjustments allow for better points.

It would be nice to find these for sale. To bad you can't mount the 1000.2 LNB to the 1000.4. Any idea when these will be out for people to buy.

Any info on replacing the original 1000 on WA? This is not a 1000.2 as it has no switch and is too small.
Originally a twin 500 with a single 500 at 61.5W on an SW64.
Then came a DPP44 and 1000 keeping single at 61.5W, before there was a steady 129W.
Once I removed the 61.5W signal because it messed up selecting 129W. It's back now for no real reason.
On a south-side wooden deck edge, so I have easy access and need it for snow removal, once in a while.
-Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)