1000.4 with wing dish

rdinkel

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 13, 2004
Woodland Park, Colorado
What would happen if I replaced my Dish 500 with a Dish 1000.4 (West) and kept my separate 30" dish that is pointed at 129? What happens if a receiver see two sources for the same 129 satellite?

Probably would work but no way to make receiver pick only one. One option is to cover the 1000.4 129 LNB with aluminum foil during the check switch, then it would always use the wing dish. 129 is a new sat with a good signal now, 1000.4 should work fine alone.

Last edited:
Probably would work but no way to make receiver pick only one. One option is to cover the 1000.4 129 LNB with aluminum foil during the check switch, then it would always use the wing dish. 129 is a new sat with a good signal now, 1000.4 should work fine alone.

To cover an orbital I always use a pop can. I cut the aluminum can in half with a knife and throw away the pop-top end. I slip the sealed end over the LNB and bend the edges over to keep it in place.

I like the "pop" can advice :eek:k: , however for some reason I laugh every time people call soda "pop." Seems like a 1950s term or something to me :p . Of course, I tend to call it "Coke" personally. The Pop vs. Soda Page is funny :D . Can pretty much tell what region someone's from by what they call a soft drink (sorry for off-topic.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts