1000 plus dish with single lnb

dishguruhd

Original poster
Apr 1, 2009
Panama City, FL
Hi guys this is my first post. I have a 1K, 1K2, and 300 series dishes. I would like to install a single DPP lnb on the two 1K series dishes, is this possible? I want to setup the three dishes to maximize signal from 110,119 and 129.

Thanks

You would need to use the 119 position to hit the center of the dishes. Don't expect any better signal than the 1000.2 dish would give you correctly aligned. Now if you really want to improve signals a 24" or 30" dish will do that because they actually do have larger surface area with a focal point to use it.

Thanks for the quick reply. Are there any single lnb adpaters? Or should I just get rid of all the dishes I have and get three 24" or 30" dishes? I have a friend who put up three separate 500's and he rarely looses signal.

Thanks for the quick reply. Are there any single lnb adpaters? Or should I just get rid of all the dishes I have and get three 24" or 30" dishes? I have a friend who put up three separate 500's and he rarely looses signal.
Try the I-adapter available from DishStore. This was designed for the D500 but should work on the D1000. Good luck and report back with your results.

bigger is better

If you are looking for more signal/less rainfade then bigger is better. I'm running 3 myself. Have .9 meter(3 ft) on 129, .8 on 77, & .9 on 72.7 what's rainfade? :welcome

Hi guys this is my first post. I have a 1K, 1K2, and 300 series dishes. I would like to install a single DPP lnb on the two 1K series dishes, is this possible? I want to setup the three dishes to maximize signal from 110,119 and 129.

Thanks

You have to modify the arm to hold a single LNB. I have done this with Superdishes by cutting the end off of an old Dish300 and grafting it onto the arm of the Superdish. You just have to get the length right. Not really hard to do if you are handy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts