101, 150 missing

jrp

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Aug 24, 2007
Iowa
I was in the chat chat last night and tried to tune into the tech chat on 101. I was unable to. My guide would jump from 100 to 104. I'm using a ViP622 with a Dish 1000 tuned to 110, 119 and 129.

Digiblur and TNGTony offered a few troubleshooting suggestions, which I followed. I did a front of box reset followed by a check switch. Everything checked out. The guide downloaded as well, but 101 did not check out. Digiblur asked about tp17 on 119 and then the mood of the chat turned a bit rowdy with the high quality of the Dish tech chat broadcast and the wealth of information being provided over the broadcast, and that's as far as I got.

Transponder 17 on 119 is indeed locked on my 622. I checked the list and went through the channels on that tp. I get all of them except for 101 and 150 (SpeedSD). 101 and 150 do not show up in my all channel list or my guide, but all the others from tp 17 do.

To make matters more curious, I have a 510 dvr in another room. It does receive 101 and 150, as well as the rest of the crew from tp 17.

I don't think I'm missing much with 101, especially after last night, and Speed (150) isn't a big deal to me, but I'm concerned their absence could be a symptom of larger problems. Any thoughts &/or suggestions?

I have had some receivers I've installed that had an old bootstrap number or some other number in the Sys Info screen. If that's the case, then you'll want to call TECH SUPPORT and they'll have to send out a different hit.

Thanks for the reply.

From my System Info screen:

Model ID ViP622 DVR-HD
Software Version L448RBDD-N
Boo Strap Version 1719RBDD

How do I know if this is an old number? Thanks again.

I've seen bad recievers missing specific channels... before you call just to verify everything ok

First on the 622, run a check switch, menu 6-1-1

if no go then swao your reciever locations see if that helps.

:eek:

Did the unplugged reset to no avail.

Thought I'd covered everything possible from my side, so I called tech support and described the situation -- check switch, front panel reset, unplugged reset, other channels from the same transponder showing fine, etc. The lady at tech support was very patient and seemed knowledgeable. She was also perplexed and asked if i'd hold while she checked a few things. When she came back she asked, "Is it possible you locked those channels out?"…

d'Oh! Id checked the channel lists, but not the channel locks. I have no idea why I locked them out, but I sure as **** did. I apologized to the tech and do the same for all of you. Sometimes, even if you are attempting to be resourceful and thorough, you end up being a doofus! Thanks again for your help. Now I'm all set for the next HD loaded tech chat!

:eek:

Did the unplugged reset to no avail.

Thought I'd covered everything possible from my side, so I called tech support and described the situation -- check switch, front panel reset, unplugged reset, other channels from the same transponder showing fine, etc. The lady at tech support was very patient and seemed knowledgeable. She was also perplexed and asked if i'd hold while she checked a few things. When she came back she asked, "Is it possible you locked those channels out?"…

d'Oh! Id checked the channel lists, but not the channel locks. I have no idea why I locked them out, but I sure as **** did. I apologized to the tech and do the same for all of you. Sometimes, even if you are attempting to be resourceful and thorough, you end up being a doofus! Thanks again for your help. Now I'm all set for the next HD loaded tech chat!

***SMACK***

That's the sound of my hand smacking the back of your head, you big doof! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)