Status
Please reply by conversation.

Van

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jul 8, 2004
Virginia Beach
Anyone having problems off of A-9 101?

This is a list of the channels on that transponder, I can only account for two of the channels at this time from regular viewing. I'm getting pixeling and audio drop on 296 and 522 on my H21 but not on my D11. I'm thinking that this has been the audio pop issue that I had and is now showing up with video and on another channel that I dont normaly watch at the same time.

A-9 101°
212NFL
247TBS
252LIFE
296TOON
313JTV
367JTV
372TBN
374BYU
522SEDG
570XM
591PBTV
595REAL
596JUCY
597FRSH
605GOLF
818XM
830XM
861XM

Looks like I may have a failing receiver then or a temp sensitive lnbf cluster. I watched the transponder for 20 minutes and it never budged on the meter and receiver diagnostics show it to be fine.

Well after talking with the tsr at the Idaho office about not only 101 x9 and now x27 I found that I'm missing some of my guide hd duplicates in sd aparently ( cartoon network and A&E ).
Channel 501 is pexiling really bad off and on and the sound drops and I get searching for signal. I cant set up a service call yet because the computer systems and calenders are all being updated ( read offline ) so I have to call back in 5 hours.

But you say you have another receiver that operates perfectly?

Can you move a "good" receiver to the location of the possible bad one to see if the problem follows?

Man, it could be anything for the dish's built-in multi-switch, to the RG6 and/or connectors, to any external switch (if you have one) to the receiver.

Yea I can when the family wakes up, but it wont do me any good till tomorrow night to do that. I know I can rule out the internal run as it was put in by charter a year ago, the ground block is good because I went behind the installer after he left and checked everything connection wise and he did a stand up job. The wall plate is the only thing I cant fully verify nor the lnbf or the receiver. This problem only happens from 10:30 +/- 10M through 6am roughly. I'm thinking a connection issue at the dish or a temp sensitive lnbf internal switch.

Called back this moring and have an appointment for tomorrow morning, the fastest turn around I've seen since I worked at dish.

Installer got out here at 11:40 and after about 15 minutes we had a new H20 replacing the H21. He pulled the box out of the E.C. and it lost signal so we replaced the Bband adapter with no luck along with the jumper from the wall plate. He went out and got the H20 and put it in and bam theres signal and an even better picture than what I had on the H21 if you can believe it.

The new receiver finished updating and I'm seeing the complete guide now as compared to what I had on the H21 so now I just have to wait till tonight to see if it acts up.

The H20 does seem to have a better PQ on SD and HD. The size is a bit larger than the 21 wich isnt a problem though the silver color stands out horribly in my black E.C. so I'm going to order the uhf upgrade kit and move the box into a drawer or hang it off the back.

Switched over to the sd version and not a single pop. I think that this pretty much means that the audio pop is not a receiver issue but an hd transmission issue for cartoon network hd then?

No, DVI is video only like component, s-vid and composite; they need additional audio; witch I prefer for my cable runs over 12' and I notice no degradation in quality. I have one HD unit that is setup via HDMI direct to display (non-Dolby digital is selected on the DirecTV unit as the TV is a 2chnl audio; NO POPS) and one HD unit is setup via 37' component run and audio is delivers via digital coaxial out to a multi-channel H/T processing unit; also no pops.

Im using the hdmi to the tv, I'll swap it out for another as the tech left me all the old accessories and the new ones as well including the remote.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)