103 /LA HD Locals in Boston?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

philhu

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 1, 2004
Cold Boston Area
Hi

I have determined that the HD locals for LA are on 103 (Conus)

I do not need any of the others, just want those 4 channels.

So....

What is the minimum package I can but to get these?

I know I need to buy a receiver..... EBAY? www.Weaknees.com has HR21P units for $199. And they are considered owned. Is that a good deal? Are there better ones? What is the difference
between hr-21 and hr-23?

Is it possible to get a dish that just does 103? Will an old standard DTV single
satellite dish work if I pointed it at 103)? (I have an old 24" one right now pointing at 101 in my yard). Or does another sat need to be received for guide/channel maps/etc?

Hi

I have determined that the HD locals for LA are on 103 (Conus)

I do not need any of the others, just want those 4 channels.

So....

What is the minimum package I can but to get these?

I know I need to buy a receiver..... EBAY?

Is it possible to get a dish that just does 103? Will an old standard DTV single
satellite dish work if I pointed it at 103)? (I have an old 24" one right now pointing at 101 in my yard). Or does another sat need to be received for guide/channel maps/etc?

First of all, if your in Boston, your NOT gonna get the LA locals..... you will get the Boston locals because that is your Designated area.

There is NO dish that does just ONE sat (other than the out of country channels) .
Yes you could take a single LNB dish and point it at the 103 and get it, but you would not receive any channels as the 103 is KA and the other is KU (might have that backwards, but the results are the same, I can never remember which is which).

A minimum package is always required to get any programming.

you will need a slimline with the 3lnb that recievs the 99,101,103. but you will not be able to get the la locals in boston. unless you order service through directv with an LA address you will only recieve the locals according to your zip code... and yes you will need a mpeg 4 compatiable reciever such as an HD or HD/DVR. but fyi that is consitered FRAUD and do not recomend it!

Well, thanks for the morals alert

Can someone comment on the different receivers I mentioned?

I will need a 3 sat slimline. Where can I get that?

and I know a pkg is needed to get programming. That is what I asked. WHAT PACKAGE is minimum to get the locals?

Family Package $29.95 + HD $10.00 +DVR $6.00 = $45.95/month is the minimum and includes locals plus some other channels which very few people watch.

The HR21 has a 320 MB hard drive, the HR22 and HR23 have a 500 MB hard drive. The HR23 has a wideband input and doesn't need the b-band converter (BBC), other models do (unless you have a SWM).

Dishes and receivers are available from several online sites, such as Sadoun and Solid Signal.

There is actually a cheaper pkg to get locals, but a little more trouble...
There is an International Basic pkg f/$13, that would include locals, about 25 video & 59 XM channels - but you ALSO have to sub to an international ch as well. (spanish does NOT count) There was a cheap international ch that was about $5, but I'm not that up on those channels & I don't know if it still exists anymore. (might want to search this out around here, as I know I read others that did this here)

Since you also have to have a 95 international dish to get these channels, you would NOT be able to actually see the channel, but it sounds like it wouldn't really matter to you anyway.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts